Honda Odyssey Fl's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mileszodiac

Reaction score
So im looking into buying a Honda Odyssey fl250 (or 350 if someone decides to sell one in victoria) and was wondering if anyone knew any info about them?
Also i found someone selling this one and was wondering what you thought?

Im probably asking the wrong kind of people but, hey, you never know. Heres the pics:

101_42661.jpg

101_4268.jpg

Thanks and sorry for the massive pics

To those who dont know what they are:

The Honda Odyssey FL250 ATV

The Honda Odyssey was manufactured between 1977 and 1984. The Odyssey was a 2 stroke engine, single seat buggy. Honda first began with the FL250, a 248cc Honda engineered 2 cycle buggy. The Fl250 was first released in 1977. This model did not feature a roll cage as such, but a roll bar positioned behind the drivers seat. Optional tires, luggage rack, and hitch made the Odyssey capable of utility work. This model also lacked rear suspension, making it easy to roll and lose control. The frame was painted in black and the guards were yellow plastic.
In 1981, Honda released an updated model of the Odyssey Fl250. This new model featured a full roll cage painted in red, with red guards. Other changes in this model include a CDI ignition system, and an updated air cleaner which attaches to an air box located at the top of the roll cage. This keeps water and dirt from entering the air cleaner. This model also lacked rear suspension.

yeah these things are hard to find.. we use to rape these back 18yrs or so ago. only fl250's tho

the 350's are a far better item.. 4 wheel suspension..(if i remember correctly)

the 250's had a habit of destroying the drive housing from vibration..

still pretty cool tho screaming thru the forest at night fish tailing everywhere with the spotties going.

they roll pretty easy too..

he is asking $1000, runs mint and going to have a look this saturday. He has a better condition 250 with custom cage, new engine (rebuilt bottom end) but needs the throttle, etc hooking up that he wants $1400 for. I would looooove an fl350 (or honda pilot :eek:) but only ones i've seen are mint condition restorations that people are asking $4000+ which is way to much.

An fl250 would be good enough for me hopefully, but i only have $2000 from selling my old pitty as im getting more into racing my 125 (ktm sx <3) and have the cash lying around. All i want it for is to take it camping with mates flip it hundreds of times and got it bogged neck high! hahaha.

As for the flipping and arm braking issue, i thought maybe putting velcro on the steering wheel and wearing gloves? i know you need the movement on your hands but better than a broken arm imo. I havent heard of them destroying the drive housing from vibration? were did you hear that? And one final thing, i wouldn't want to build my own one because these things are extremely rare, and if i find one i will keep it until im 60 and profit!!! haha kidding.

Sorry about the massivvee essay but thanks if you read it :eek:

Yeah just stick welding gloves to the steering wheel and keep ya elbows in ... that's what we ended up doing ... and yeah fun little things, we sorta got used to rolling in the end it was hilarious lol

my old boss used to race a fl350 in the eighties and said that they actually used to strap their arms in to the wheel to stop broken arms when flipped. Loose enough to still move them but not enough to get outside the frame

I havent heard of them destroying the drive housing from vibration

seen it with my own 2 eyes man, wasnt the easiest to repair either..
and i have seen it on others over the years

window net on the roll bars would save your arms..

seen it with my own 2 eyes man, wasnt the easiest to repair either..
and i have seen it on others over the years

window net on the roll bars would save your arms..

Not doubting you at all man, just saying i've never heard of it happening. I'm really keen on an fl350 now but i only have $2000 :(. do you think i could find a running one for $200? its for bush bashing so i don't need the mint guards and all that just one thats a good runner.

Lack of rear suspension will hive your back and neck fits, but the 250 is lighter and cheap. I'd look for a 350 though. Or buy a flogged sportier version and freshen it. Snowmobile engines and real suspension get around a lot better, if high speeds are planned.

RedBuggy-SideView.jpg

i used to have an fl 250 a few years back. was a blast. would do about 55mph flat out, was good in the dunes and awsome on the trails. i had a old 440 snowmobile engine ready for the swap but never got around to doing it. if you do get a 250 just make sure when your driving it if that rear end starts hoppin let of the gas for a sec or two otherwise it gets worse and could cause ya to get sideways and roll. also put a couple of straps on the steering wheel to keep your hands from flying out. (as mentioned above). and always wear the saftey harness unless ya like hitting your head repeatadly on the top of the roll cage.

That heap's gotta weigh a ton, and the "suspension" looks suspect. Suzuki twin makes little power for it's mass. I'm sure it would be fun, but in a slow, crude sorta way. I'd keep looking. lol

Latest posts

Back