how much quicker? z175 than z160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotobes

Reaction score
hey guy just wondering how much quicker is the z175 to the z160 ho motor?

thump*140 you would ha ridden both wouldn't ya mate?

any one else ridden both?

hmmm well its hard to say as it depends what you mean by quicker..

iv ridden a 160 and a true 176cc engine(not the Z engines but really no different). the 160 isnt far behind as it only lacks the torque the bigger one produces..

around a track it would make no difference..

and to put it another way.. my mate had a 192 in his bike and he shat the bore kit so he went back to a 160 bore kit, around the track he is no slower and he actually prefers the 160..

i meant like straight line speed drag race both

so theres no real difference?

i have a 140 at the mo and cant wait to ride the 160 ppl say they are heeeaps better that the 140

i meant like straight line speed
i have a 140 at the mo and cant wait to ride the 160 ppl say they are heeeaps better that the 140

i just dropped the z160 to replace the 140... havnt kicked it yet cuz i havnt done any valve clearences yet.. + im waitin on other parts before the BIG moment cant wait!! tho:cheeky-smiley-005:

i meant like straight line speed

thats cos they are BUT

lifan gearing is longer than a 160's gearing so the 160 gains speed a shite load quicker but in a straight line they would probably be comparable but who cares about straight line speed?? its track speed you should care about

As Sean said the difference is in the torque so to put it simply the 175(172cc) will throw up the rocks a bit harder but its not going to be what gets you out in front to be able to throw those rocks at everyone else on 160's if ya know what I mean.

ok thanks guy and sorry again abou the noob-ee-ness

no worries mate, im sure we have all asked some noob questions before in our time... but thats wat were here for to answere those noob questions...

a question might not be noob to you as u dont know the answere, who cares wat people think of your question, in the end u need a answere

no worries mate, im sure we have all asked some noob questions before in our time... but thats wat were here for to answere those noob questions...

a question might not be noob to you as u dont know the answere, who cares wat people think of your question, in the end u need a answere

yeah i spose but there are some ppl that make feel like a dickhead sometimes lol

Hey turbotobes, yeah i've ridden both motors in the Revmx, and found the only real noticeable difference is in the torque they put out. Quite simply, the 175 has a heap more punch down low compared to the 160.... That's not to say the 160 is gutless, far from it, but the 175 has a fair bit more grunt.
Mind you, having said that, the 175 is a bit more of a handful, and throttle control is a bit more important over the 160...

Hey turbotobes, yeah i've ridden both motors in the Revmx, and found the only real noticeable difference is in the torque they put out. Quite simply, the 175 has a heap more punch down low compared to the 160.... That's not to say the 160 is gutless, far from it, but the 175 has a fair bit more grunt.
Mind you, having said that, the 175 is a bit more of a handful, and throttle control is a bit more important over the 160...

hey mate so would it be worth getting the z175 somewhere down the track or what about that TB 184cc kit on the DHZ site. Do the z175's have the same bottom end or are they a bit stronger?

externally, the bottom ends/gearboxes look the same. no idea if there are any differences internally....
If it's upgrades you're going for, i'd probably start with the 160HO, mod that up a bit, and go from there....
a 160 with a V2 head on it, will be quicker than a 175 by a long shot...

yeah i spose but there are some ppl that make feel like a dickhead sometimes lol

Then I would say they are the dickheads because we all start somewhere and there was a time in everyone's life when they knew nothing about bikes. If everyone that tries to learn something by asking a question is treated like an idiot then it doesn't help to encourage newcomers to continue pursuing their interest in this sport.

These days it doesn't matter where you go because there is no shortage of dickheads in this world that will try and make things difficult for you so you just need to ignore them.

AGREED!! how much cash hav u got 2 splash mate

well im buyin the dhz 160r in a week or so,coz i like the crf 70 style more than the ttr's. i'm getting an oko flatty, better chain and protapers all the reliability mods straight away then il have a bit left over,but ill prob spend that on my missus to keep her happy after i splash out on a bike. lol

then ill prob get the v2 head after i save some more.What do you guys think of the v2 with the decomp button? is it worth the extra $$

sounds like a good plan to me. decomp buttons are good, only prob is you have to push it back in just about every time you kick.

you can always jump start your bike though.

slowly push the kick starter around to get the piston to top dead center. You'll know this when the kick starter becomes hard to push down then give her a kick and u should be right! i was riding a mates 175 on the weekend and and i didnt have much of a problem with kick back!

Reactions: pbk

Latest posts

Back