How to distroy a motor...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_crf50_here

Reaction score
Sure way to distroy your motor.

Last minitard day my poor motor may have been over heating a touch. After some diging around found the little mesh filter full of metal from clutch blowout & rubber sealer that I had been a little crazy with on the valve covers.

Moral - I should have checked the filter every time I replaced the clutch..

Meh lesson learnt. The parts list is long but nothing went Kapow so I dodged a bullet I think.

DSCF0165%20(Medium).jpg

No, no, no..

the moral of the story is - That's why you don't run an air filter when riding 'tard.

The rubber particles could also be from the clutch cushioning rubbers ...

lol ty, whats an air filter got to do with it...

but yeah rubber chunks in the filter is common as..

lucky you didnt kill anything, but on a side note id be checking the bigend bearing for slop, cause you couldnt of had much oil pressure.

what clutch you going with now? theres heaps of us looking for something decent but everything is either dis continued or unable to ship to us

edit

and yeah it will def be rubber from the clutch

Yeh it's possible, either way not too ideal. Given that I've replaced the clutch or clutchc plates several times this could have been easily avoided.

I have spare billet tb clutch with out plates here i'm not using :( if anyone wants it. Find running stock clutches with 6plate + HD springs hold up well for 10 or so hours.

I'm running the stock basket with the kevlar clutch plates and super HD springs from tbolt. have held up for a supercross meetign in hobart with bout 20 starts, 2 tard race meets with about 70 laps each a 70k trail ride and I still haven't had to adjust it yet.
The plates are very similar to those that come with the Daytona dohc kit.

I have spare billet tb clutch with out plates here i'm not using :( if anyone wants it. Find running stock clutches with 6plate + HD springs hold up well for 10 or so hours.

How do you get 6 plates in a stock basket????
My yx 150 they wouldnt fit they sat proud of the baskit
Sorry for hijackin!

I'm running the stock basket with the kevlar clutch plates and super HD springs from tbolt. have held up for a supercross meetign in hobart with bout 20 starts, 2 tard race meets with about 70 laps each a 70k trail ride and I still haven't had to adjust it yet.
The plates are very similar to those that come with the Daytona dohc kit.

Looking at doing this upgrade, anyone got any ideas on where to buy these from Australia? I'd like to keep it local if possible. If not i'm off to see Terry again :)

Classic Honda have the heavy duty springs which I have in my YX160. Work great.

Pretty sure he has the kevlar plates as well but not sure you really need to go that far?

Classic Honda have the heavy duty springs which I have in my YX160. Work great.

Pretty sure he has the kevlar plates as well but not sure you really need to go that far?

If i'm gonna pull out the existing ones (which i'm pretty sure are worn) i might as well do a proper job :) I'll email Jaime now, see what he's got :)

Pretty sure kevlar are damn expensive and a bit of overkill.

A heavy duty TB clutch basket would be a better option with new normal plates and HD springs.

Don't forget the clutch nut tool either!!

Pretty sure kevlar are damn expensive and a bit of overkill.

A heavy duty TB clutch basket would be a better option with new normal plates and HD springs.

Don't forget the clutch nut tool either!!

Not to bad, bout $50 for the plates. Why the billet clutch, how does that effect the motor? and yep, already brought the clutch tool :)

Not to bad, bout $50 for the plates. Why the billet clutch, how does that effect the motor? and yep, already brought the clutch tool :)

If your running heavy duty springs it pays to run the heavy duty clutch basket as well. Well that's what I got told. Will further help reduce slippage and should make the plates last a bit longer.

I need to do the same to my HO 6 plate setup. Slips something shocking at the moment. Another thing to add to the list. lol

you can only run the tb billet clutch on a YX motor it wont run on the ho
and dont waste your time on the kevlar plates as you will find that you will crap baskets quicker than plates

a new set of stock clutch plates will do the trick i've found they dont last that long but i'm not as hard on the clutch as most.

HD springs is a must i run 2 HD and 2 standard as i like a lighter clutch pull coupled with the zeta levers and my clutch is as good on the pitty as it is on the 450

again i dont have issues on the HO six plates

Latest posts

Back