How to make a 49cc dirt pocket bike faster?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura_256

Reaction score
I recently bought a 49cc dirt pocket bike and it runs great but i was wondering what i need to do to make it faster?

Best way is to sell it and buy a bigger bike,

Nuh not sure love, good luck anyway

if u dont wanna sell and get a bigger bike, i suggest, a bore up kit, bigger exhaust, bigger/better carby/ work the clutch?

If its one of the cheap 49cc motors then you may be better off upgrading it to a better motor. You can also try our sister site Pocket Bike Racing which is dedicated to pocket bikes and there is alot of info about them on there.

Oh and welcome to miniriders.

Last edited:
can only presume from the information given in the original post it is going to be something similar to these...

goo5le results for' 49cc dirt pocket bikes'

2007041301094146225.jpg

or possibly

kids_dirt_bike_main1.jpg

Maybe its a

dirt1.jpg

awww so cute! lol

I dare say a clutch kit and possibly some kind of tuned pipe, but not really to sure. you could also change the sprocket ratio but you will either loose or gain topend or acceleration depending which way you go..

in all saving up for a 140cc would be the best choice, you will have no issues with mixing oils, the 'ring ding ding' sound, and the overall size will suit you better.

those bikes have a gearing reduction on the front sprocket.
basically it has a small sprocket like the pocket rockets do then it goes to a large sprocket which your chain attaches to before going to the back wheel.

you have to remove the gearing reduction on the motor and replace it with a new clutch cover housing with just the small 6-7 tooth sprocket ($20), and get a longer chain($20), while the clutch bell housing is off upgrade the clutch to a racing one with adjustable springs($50) so you can set it so it takes off nicely.

the clutches in those bikes are made for kids who weigh about 15 - 20kgs.

mate in the dirt 1s if you put the road bike bell housing on it im pretty sure the chain hits the frame and it will have the wrong offset between the 2 sprockets

yeah true, i didn`t think of that. i just had a quick look at one and thought it might work.

might be better off just upgrading

You could try fitting a watercooled pocket rocket engine to it ( somewhere in the regon of 7hp) or fit the 50.117cc kit to the engine (look on ebay) which should get you to the 4-5hp range

Big Bore Kit 49cc Premium Dirt Bike

I recently bought a 49cc dirt pocket bike and it runs great but i was wondering what i need to do to make it faster?

I bought myself a Big Bore Kit for my 49cc Dirt Bike. It added about 3hp extra to my bike, definitely feels faster than it was before.

I got the big bore kit from here for $59 with free shipping:

44mm Big Bore Cylinder Kit For 2 Stroke 47cc 49cc Engine – Belmonte Bikes

And I got my 49cc Pocket Bike from the same website in case it matters:

Free Shipping Buy 49cc Premium Gas Dirt Bike Motocross Shop USA & CAN – Belmonte Bikes

Latest posts

Back