How to remove oil slinger from Lifan engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johno

Reaction score
Hey, now to begin I have read all the other threads about oil slingers.

I am having trouble getting mine off -_- I have the tool.

I placed a piece of wood in the tyre and put the bike in 4th gear and I am turning the oil slinger nut anti clockwise with all my force and this thing just wont budge at all...

Am I spinning it the correct way or loosening it has to go clockwise? Im about ready to smash it.. sigh

Im not positive what way the thread is but i would say its the opposite way the crank spins and anyway what you want to do is crack the nut in that sort of situation so.. with a bar on the end of your breaker bar (you dont want the torque spikes going through a ratchet) jar the bar down or like push it with your hand in a jarring motion without hurting your hand maybe even a hammer will do it also

Im not positive what way the thread is but i would say its the opposite way the crank spins and anyway what you want to do is crack the nut in that sort of situation so.. with a bar on the end of your breaker bar (you dont want the torque spikes going through a ratchet) jar the bar down or like push it with your hand in a jarring motion without hurting your hand maybe even a hammer will do it also

I believe it cranks to the right (correct me if im wrong) and Im trying to turn it to the left and still nothing..

Have you got a rattle gun around? it has saved my ass a couple of times

Have you got a rattle gun around? it has saved my ass a couple of times

Unfortunately not, and it just seems Im doing something wrong. I've never seen something on this tight before.

thats not a bad bike :) how come you need the slinger off?

Wedging the backwheel wont be enough. You will get too much play.
Wedge something in the clutch ring gear. big flat blade screw driver.
Use a hammer to hit the handle of the breaker bar thats attached to the removal tool.

Wedging the backwheel wont be enough. You will get too much play.
Wedge something in the clutch ring gear. big flat blade screw driver.
Use a hammer to hit the handle of the breaker bar thats attached to the removal tool.

Not 100% what a clutch wing gear is sorry -_- noob here.

Having something in this gear will stop the flywheel on the otherside of the engine spinning also? Because I can see that when I try to loosen the oil slinger nut its only spinning the entire shaft

edit
thats not a bad bike :) how come you need the slinger off?

I believe the gear selector is bent, and now that I can semi see it I have played with the gear shifter and its like not catching the selector, I want to confirm this so I can replace it. Just stuck at getting this dam nut off haha.

And yea it has been a good bike up until this point, from reading about it, the selector playing up seems to be a common problem with these bikes so hopefully that is the problem and replacing it should be an easy enough fix.

143dime.jpg

Last edited:
Why I think its the "Gear Selector"
View My Video

Pic of the engine, is this the "clutch ring gear", also having a screwdriver in the gear, is there a possibility of the gear teeth breaking? Because this nut is like glued on .. sigh
2qi4746.jpg

there is a possiblility of the teeth breaking but its pretty slim some would say, use somthing with a soft material if your really worried

Put the screw driver in there thats equal to width of the tooth on the gear. Put in flat on the surface of the tooth. The pressure on it will be less than the pressure it goes through when riding

Alright sweet I will give that a go tomorrow and let everyone know

but yours is a Lifan 140 going by the last picture, in post #11

Im not sure how they work aye, from what I've heard Lifan 150cc dont even exist?? They are advertised as Lifan 150cc but in actual fact are 140cc... but anyway thats the exact model I bought and from that seller also.

a Lifan 150 looks a bit different to your motor.

does yours' have 150cm3 on the barrel

lifan150_3.jpg

clutch side is a fair bit different,
the 150s' dont have an oil slinger either.

lifan150_2.jpg

Good Morning all,

Good news I finally got the oil slinger nut off! Thank god..

For anyone else struggling to get it off now or in the future;

I placed a flat blade screwdriver with a bit of soft material around it in the clutch ring gear (highlighted in pic above). I used extra leverage by placing a metal poll over the socket handle and the pressure loosened it.

It was a struggle but eventually came off... thanks everyone for your help, no doubt will return soon with the next problem!

Latest posts

Back