How to straighten a bent kickstart lever?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khalid98

Reaction score
So today I noticed my kickstart lever is just a little bit bent and I was wondering if I can just take it off and straighten it out with a hammer or something?

So today I noticed my kickstart lever is just a little bit bent and I was wondering if I can just take it off and straighten it out with a hammer or something?

If its a metal one yes you can just smash it straight with a hammer, if its forged alloy i'd leave it alone and replace it if its a issue.

If its a metal one yes you can just smash it straight with a hammer, if its forged alloy i'd leave it alone and replace it if its a issue.

Its really strong alloy so should I just get a new one now or should I wait till it becomes a issue because atm its just bent a little bit.

But when I bought the bike the kickstart level looked like that.

Could it be like that from the factory?

Does it look like its bent from the factory?

379425_247831365288000_100001834168481_607426_1022850197_n.jpg

Last edited:
the kickstart is the least of your worries :p but nar, doesnt look too bent to me, they curve out to clear swingarm and brakes. might wanna adjust it forward a bit more though, so you get a longer kick

the kickstart is the least of your worries :p but nar, doesnt look too bent to me, they curve out to clear swingarm and brakes. might wanna adjust it forward a bit more though, so you get a longer kick

I see :p

So is it bent like that from the factory?

yes it is its normal mate i own a LEI bike aswell and i thought exact same thing but not thats how they come from factory

LOLs.. matty with the funnays!

:lol_hitting:

Latest posts

Back