HX Kingswood Ute project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,
looks like an okay care you have there.
With the ignition it should lift off with a screw driver (like a paint lid) and get some wires and hotwire it, what we did with dad's valiant and it worked fine.
Cheers, Pascal.

hahah good old nsw laws =) theres only one way to get around that one and thats to live in tassie =D hahah
but then the thing is all the good/half decent stuffs on the mainland so its a trip up and back to grab something good =) ohhwell

Take steering wheel off, indicator assembly. You will see ignition housing with a small slot in it. hold steering lock bar and push small screw diver in slot, ignition should be in the on position, there is a small clip that holds barrel in chamber, when you feel clip pull barrel out....do not let lock bar move or you will change start and acc positions

power to weight dude you will have no probs droping a 308 in the rig

you got alot of work ahead of ya though the worst thing is you never get your money back on em but cool ride anywayz

Bamppppppp! wrong, power to weight is gone, No v8s, no turbo charged cars/supercharged or high output v6 motors ;)

Hey,
looks like an okay care you have there.
With the ignition it should lift off with a screw driver (like a paint lid) and get some wires and hotwire it, what we did with dad's valiant and it worked fine.
Cheers, Pascal.

lol are you a fuckwit, you can easly take the steering collum cover off and access the wires, no need to poo the ignition noobcal.

lol are you a fuckwit, you can easly take the steering collum cover off and access the wires, no need to poo the ignition noobcal.

taking off the ignition cover is probably quicker and it doesn't stuff up anything.

i think i agree with sidney, dirttau seems like hes done this be4 the raw dog =D

hey would probly suit a 253 alot better would fit in alot cleaner and easier then a 308 but nice ute any way. i have a hg premier sedan that i have fully restored . with a clean 253 auto in it and it guns mate

dirttau you are 100% correct the only issue he might have is if he can turn the lock around to the on postion due to lack of keys.
if this is the case then you're in for a bit of a hard time yo can remove the complete housing by popping off the circlip under the steering wheel (be carefull its spring loaded and can take you eye out) then undo the 4 5/16 black headed screws you may have to drop the steering coloum down to undo the ignition switch which is half way down the coloum unplug the blinker and horn and bob's your uncle.
I do not reconmend doing this if you are not common with the world of spanners. it is not a job for a beginner.
would be cheaper to get a lock smith around if you can not turn the ignition to the on postion
good luck

dirttau you are 100% correct the only issue he might have is if he can turn the lock around to the on postion due to lack of keys.
if this is the case then you're in for a bit of a hard time yo can remove the complete housing by popping off the circlip under the steering wheel (be carefull its spring loaded and can take you eye out) then undo the 4 5/16 black headed screws you may have to drop the steering coloum down to undo the ignition switch which is half way down the coloum unplug the blinker and horn and bob's your uncle.
I do not reconmend doing this if you are not common with the world of spanners. it is not a job for a beginner.
would be cheaper to get a lock smith around if you can not turn the ignition to the on postion
good luck

already been down that road dude, after the circlip and everything was off i couldnt get any further god damn circlip sucks ass....

with my mates parents old tarago you onlu need a pair of scissors to start it

hey would probly suit a 253 alot better would fit in alot cleaner and easier then a 308 but nice ute any way. i have a hg premier sedan that i have fully restored . with a clean 253 auto in it and it guns mate

just wondering why it would be easier to put a 253 in as opposed to a 308 there the same size :confused:

haha

ok ok

on the oposing side of the ignition barrel behind the steering cluster plastics, u can see a bunch of wires joining into this plastic cover which are soldered on, thiers a large blue wire and a large yellow wire and several small black wires

thier is no need to remove the wires like in the movie...simply remove that system via a small screw. behind that is a slot which the key would originally turn..u put a screw driver in the slot and turn..simply done

or if need me..strip back the black wires join them together..touch the yellow wire to them(turning the ignition on) then touch the blue wire to them (starter motor) which in turn starts the motor

then remove the blue wire as to not burn out the starter motor.

nice ute btw. i worked on a UC torana hatch for about 3 years with my dad. it was his first car when he was 21 and we tracked his exact car down to behind a shed up in gosnells..pretty cute ey haha

theres no point tinkering with wires seein he has to replace the barrel, just p*ss off the barrel and start with a screw driver, im presuming these dont have steering wheel locks? if so u might be in bother, if your not caring like me just snap it.

woops didnt read the persons above posts first, exact same way mines just simple and slang.

Latest posts

Back