HX Kingswood Ute project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittin

Reaction score
Hey all, as some would know the other day i got a HX Ute as a project. Just taken some pics after if taken seats out and cleand out the cab a bit, still a long way to go but. Id appreciate and Ideas or tips to make life a whole lot easier.

01-12-07_0957.jpg

01-12-07_0958.jpg

01-12-07_1000.jpg

01-12-07_1001.jpg

Last edited:
I am planning on painting it metallic dark bluey puple thing lol. Centrline mags, WB statesman seats and black and gray interior. If i can get to the ignition today ill try and get it started and get a vid of it running.

Cant drive V8's till your 21 here mate otherwise i would be. Planning on double Stromberg's and extractors twin 2.5in exhaust Cam from a xu1 torana should go pretty nicely.

power to weight dude you will have no probs droping a 308 in the rig

you got alot of work ahead of ya though the worst thing is you never get your money back on em but cool ride anywayz

Yea i know a 308 will go in fine its just if i do that i wont be driving it so im stickin with the 186.

its fairly clean from what i can see... so thats a good start! dont want to be hacking at rust thats a pain in the ass!

Under the fuel cap is the worst part have to cut and weld that and there is a bit on the tail gate that needs to be cut and welded and i need to put a couple of plates in the floor, other than that its all surface rust, was a country car. So all the paint is dryed and cracking off making sanding a whole lot more easier :)

looks like a good project mate good luck if u get stuck into it shouldnt take to long i got stuck into mine but atm ive lost interest lol

Does anyone know how to take the ignition out? ive got no keys for it (fella lost them cause it was sitting for a few months) so i need a new barrell, or is there a way (just for now) to remove any thing from it allowing me to start it without keys?

yes i agree with that one =D haha or maybe try and get a locksmith to come and maybe make up another on for it?? dunno =)

ill look at the pics when i get uncapped =P LOL
im looking around for something like a HQ or HZ one tonner or something =) the only thing is im eirther going to get a V8 which isnt too bad or an auto...

so what do the v8s go like on pettie in those babys? do you know?
you should have a ball with it =)

Last edited:
under QLD law you cant drive a V8 till 21 or something like that, its not a mater of power to weight and more of a knee jerk reaction to all the young people killing themselfs on the road ( eventhough these accedents are for the most part caused by poorly maintained roads and lack of driver training)
Nice looking rig bloke, with a 465 holly, 25/65 cam and a good set of extractors she'll go good:)

do you know anyone with an old holden cause the key will be the same belive it or not or use a screwdriver to get it of lock

Yea i know about the key thing, im going to ask the wreckers today whether he has any spares lying around.

Latest posts

Back