i broke some stuff *pics*

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crackatinny

Reaction score
first proper ride yesterday, at a mates track in Virginia. come off a jump sideways, front tyre hit the ground hard, the bars spun around and i came off. broke the clutch lever off and cracked the frame.

DSC05572.jpg

does anyone know what this does?? it dosant look to important to me. there is nothing attached to it.

DSC05564.jpg

also, i noticed this when i washed it...how do i fix this?
DSC05567.jpg

DSC05571.jpg

and my rear brakes dont work! no fluid?

had a awesome time tho!

ok first pic is of your fork stopper
ie stops your fork from turning to far around

look for a new frame !

as for your chain slider yes its designed to wear and u must replace befor your next ride or your gunna chew into your swingarm

get an ol bread board the plastic typ thats what i use ,i just cut it up to same sixze as you have and put it on

heat it up with hair dryer to get to shape if ya need to

the stock levers on these bikes are crap best bet to get some asr typ

glad you had a good day

cheers snitchy.

do you mean get a new frame instead of just re welding the steering thingo? cos that is what i meant by cracked frame.

atm i have put a old bicycle brake lever on there for the clutch, just temporary.
i will go an make a new slider right now, cos it is already into the swing arm.

nar u can reweld it ya want it should be ok

id just be on the look out for a new frame thats all

get a trelles frame ,looks like your have a agb right ?
if so you will need a crf style tank too

but easy peasy

buy a crf50 shit dont brake i raped it all the time it dont brake
lol

Last edited:
I've been riden my bike with a broken steering stop for ages. The top triple clamp justs hits the fuel tank.

I've been riden my bike with a broken steering stop for ages. The top triple clamp justs hits the fuel tank.

Haha yeah me too, when I bought my old bike the steering stop was cracked and I just left it, now I have my new bike and the steering stop is where it is supposed to be it gives me the shits not have as tight of a turning circle... nearly makes me wanna break the new one lol

Realistically though crackatinny you should be looking for a new frame... but it won't hurt riding around on it and the bike won't fall apart underneath you.

Get a new twin tube trellis frame which will cost no more than $80 on ebay (I have seen them sell as low as $30 posted) and a set of ASV levers.

Once they have been fitted you wont have these problems again and it will be money well spent.

Prevention is better than cure;)

thats cheap as!, but its a new bike and i can be bothered changing everything over to a new frame. but i will be on the lookout. are the trellis ones better than twin spar?

i did the chopping board trick but that dosant look like it will last too long either, has anyone tried a brass one?

and the asv levers, any diff between the $90 ones and the $1 ebay special?

sorry about the noob questions, but i have no idea about this stuff. this is much appreciated.

if your frame is one of the fusion bikes, they will always wear out that chain guide. The angle the chain runs over the swing arm is just ridiculous. you should maybe try and get another frame as you will be replacing that guide every ride. :(

if your frame is one of the fusion bikes, they will always wear out that chain guide. The angle the chain runs over the swing arm is just ridiculous. you should maybe try and get another frame as you will be replacing that guide every ride. :(

What about a shorter shock?

not sure what brand they are, they look a bit like the one in your avatar. ^^^^. Twin spar alloy frame that looks a bit like a bbr. Not the pitboss empire alloy ones, their swing arm is in the right spot. anyway the rest of the bike is pretty trick apart from that swingarm mounting position.

its a atomik rs, with the twin spar frame. yeah it looks like that will be the case:( . im gonna try making one out brass, ive got heaps of bits 8 - 10 mm thick. i think that should work heaps better, cos then when it wears down to the bushes it should last ages. anyone else tried this?

let us know how the brass chain slide goes, ive gotta simalar problem with my bike the shock is too big and chews the slide...

cheers looey

brass should wear really well as they use them in bushes etc etc

Latest posts

Back