I pick up an LXR Pro tomorrow!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the thread jack but how much better is the forks he got n the rear shock he got than the ones I got on my motovert/psto?

Considerably... Although you're probably best off keeping your current forks and looking at an upgrade of the rear shock to the LXR model if you plan on upgrading suspension ;)

Hi all, just thought I'd give you some first impressions of the LXR.
So I spent a few hours locktiting, and this morning I checked the valve clearances before hopping on and going for a quick run. Only gripe so far? The valves were tight as a nuns.... and it was a pig to start the first couple of times. Hope it gets easier to start.

First impressions?
The LXR is a wicked bike. It has that big bike feel and stability, that my previous crap heap could only aspire to! I didn't do anything fancy, but got to feel the engine, suspension etc.

Engine: Wow.. power house! Not quite a GSXR1000 that I'm used to, but serious power compared to the Loncin 125 I had been riding. And really tractable power. Roll on and off the throttle and the procircuit zorst makes a sic pop and crackle! Awesome. Love it. lifts the front wheel no probs and is really smooth. Can't wait to test it more tomorrow at QMP :)

Suspension:
What suspension? I was riding along thinking.... shoot, can't feel nuddah! The 'zoccis and Elka, just soak everything up! Like riding on a pillow. What can I say. Can't wait to test it out more.
One gripe? The Elka shock is maxed according to manuf. preload settings for the spring. You'll see black mark on the thread in the pic - thats 0 preload, and I've wound it to 15mm. I'd say, when the bike settles in, and I get better, I may need a heavier spring.

So it was so worth the money. - so far. Just didn't want to get off it! Off now to change the oil and check the valves again, and prep it for QMP tomorrow!

IMG_2358Medium.jpg

IMG_2357Medium.jpg

IMG_2359Medium.jpg

That is gold mate. What is a sweeeet deal.
I picked up my DPRO160 yesterday and got 50 bucks off and I was stocked so cant imagine how over the moon you must be at the moment.
Yeah locktite it up real good.

Dom

I want that suspension setup!!!:) those cost as much as you paid alone....

Your hard starts should stop after a ride or two mine did. Is it running the mikuni ? N just wondering what the clearances r meant to be ?

Latest posts

Back