Idle all over the place, help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the idle speed screw should be about 10mm above the JAPAN T/A casting on the opposite side to the fuel inlet/choke lever

Alright guys, still nothing... I'm dumbfounded on what the issue is. Here are some pics of the sides of my carb and the last one is a picture of where a little bronze screw under the carb. Can anyone tell me what this does?

Life is a garden... Dig it!

473de006-09d6-6b75.jpg

473de006-09f5-1d8e.jpg

473de006-0a08-5215.jpg

Lastly:
473de006-0a21-ac47.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys!

third pic down shows the idle speed screw in the middle, (blue locktite on the l/h side)
bottom pic shows the fuel mixture screw

so as posted above, turn the idle speed screw out one turn, see if the idle drops down.
if it does drop a little, and is still too high, turn it out again until you get a idle speed you are happy with.

one reason you may have a high idle is that you dont have the black plastic heat insulator fitted between the carby and the intake manifold.
there may be a vacuum leak there as the manifold or carby mounting face may be warped a little.
when you refit it make sure the 'o' ring side of the insulator is sitting against the intake manifold.

Last edited:
It was the gasket! That's for all the help! She now runs perfectly!

there def is an idle screw, it just doesnt hang out like the others and isnt brass and is located on the opposite side to the choke lever, to determine if there is an air leak, you can spray some wd40 around the intake gaskets, head to intake and carb to intake(but an air leak would mean it is running at a lower idle, and once sprayed it covers the leak and idle should pick up), doesnt hurt to check the flats of the intake on both sides and check the carby around the the intake pipe section for a hairline crack. keep us posted.

ill share the glory with you DHZ haha, na its all good mate. just jokes:boink:

Hahahehe thought id get away with it. but your on the ball lad.

I think on the idle circuit you will have to adjust the screws which passes the fuel or may be because of dirty air filter, so check the same and replace if necessary.

Latest posts

Back