"if I got caught" riding a unregistered bike questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakek33

Reaction score
hey guys. I was just wondering:

if I got caught riding my motorbike on the road what would happen?

if I got caught riding on my local reserve what would happen?

have you been caught? if so riding where and what was the consequences?

I want to ride on the reserve near my house (no houses near and no one goes there) but to get home there's a MASSIVE hill. so I was thinking of riding home.

please don't flame.

hey guys. I was just wondering:

if I got caught riding my motorbike on the road what would happen?

if I got caught riding on my local reserve what would happen?

have you been caught? if so riding where and what was the consequences?

I want to ride on the reserve near my house (no houses near and no one goes there) but to get home there's a MASSIVE hill. so I was thinking of riding home.

please don't flame.

1. Fines, they could take your bike, you could be killed, you could kill someone, you might enjoy it, you might be fully sik

2. Fines, they could take your bike, you could be killed, you could kill someone, you might enjoy it, you might be fully sik

3. No i havn't - Fines, they could take your bike, you could be killed, you could kill someone, you might enjoy it, you might be fully sik

4. I'm bored now.......

lol, that all depends on how and where you were caught.. and what mood the cops are in...

some ppl get a kick in the ass and some get their bike taken off them

you will lose your car/bike licence for riding an unroadworthy,uninsured, unlicenced bike.

In victoria you get fines, big ones i got one for $1500, ive heard of fines up to $2000 if u think your smarter than the cops and try to get out of it.

If your riding without a helmet, you will also loose 3 demerit points off your car license.

If you live in the frankston area 1st offence= bike confiscated for 6 months, 2nd offence= bike crushed into a cube and you need to pickup your cube otherwise they charge you to dispose of your cube.

Worse case scenario you crash, have to get ambulance/helicopter ($5000 without cover) and when the cops find out u were riding dirty they will fine you (another $1500)

Dont think it will happen to you? or you think you are luckier than some, just go for it and post back here what happened

In victoria you get fines, big ones i got one for $1500, ive heard of fines up to $2000 if u think your smarter than the cops and try to get out of it.

If your riding without a helmet, you will also loose 3 demerit points off your car license.

If you live in the frankston area 1st offence= bike confiscated for 6 months, 2nd offence= bike crushed into a cube and you need to pickup your cube otherwise they charge you to dispose of your cube.

Worse case scenario you crash, have to get ambulance/helicopter ($5000 without cover) and when the cops find out u were riding dirty they will fine you (another $1500)

Dont think it will happen to you? or you think you are luckier than some, just go for it and post back here what happened

Yeah in vic thats basically it as far as I know except what are these $1500-$2000 fines you speak of. Unlicensed riding will run you about $550 and no reg will cost you about $350, so what are the extra fines?

I have my learners and have been told one time caught riding my rec reg bike on the road and I will loose my learners permit and get a nice $1500 fine by the local cops.. it's not worth it. i hate talk of minis on the road... im not even a fan of the rx's on the road. motorbikes that are full size are enough trouble... let alone a tiny little bike!

Well for the fact of the matter BLAKE33 you obviously don't know the registration rules nor road rules so why are you asking this question anyway? GO AND LOOK>>>>> Are you brain dead or just thick?You are not registered,you are not licensed so expect to cop the full force of the law when your caught. And don't go crying to mummy when your roasted. There are too many unregistered vehicles on the road without you being another one to worry about. I suggest you go to your states authority on road rules and read and learn. I as a professional driver driving coaches do not need another idiot to bounce of me or swerve and endanger the public or myself. Wake up son and think before you ask a stupid question next time. You seem to already know the answer anyway. Just circumventing it....

Last edited:
Not worth the trouble. Easyier to get a rec reg kit. Some web-site about rec reg:
- Recreational motorcycle registration : VicRoads

Just do the right thing. Rec reg kits don't cost much compeared to what'll happen if you get caught without one.

Rec Reg DOES NOT cover you for riding in parks or on the road in built up area's. It only covers you for zones outside major city's that are over 100km per hour. Basically that means the bush only. You will need full registration to ride in built up area's and you still cannot ride in a recreation reserve.

Unlicensed riding will run you about $550 and no reg will cost you about $350, so what are the extra fines?

It's $450 for no reg on a bike. The other $500 is for driving an unroadworthy vehicle unless you have blinkers, mirrors, headlight etc.

Well for the fact of the matter BLAKE33 you obviously don't know the registration rules nor road rules so why are you asking this question anyway? GO AND LOOK>>>>> Are you brain dead or just thick?You are not registered,you are not licensed so expect to cop the full force of the law when your caught. And don't go crying to mummy when your roasted. There are too many unregistered vehicles on the road without you being another one to worry about. I suggest you go to your states authority on road rules and read and learn. I as a professional driver driving coaches do not need another idiot to bounce of me or swerve and endanger the public or myself. Wake up son and think before you ask a stupid question next time. You seem to already know the answer anyway. Just circumventing it....

Very well said.

Mate you said no flaming at the start of your post but it's wankers like you that caused the hoon laws for mini bikes to come in and are disgracing mini riders in general. Go up the bush out of sight and ride or don't ride at all.

Last edited:
Yeah in vic thats basically it as far as I know except what are these $1500-$2000 fines you speak of. Unlicensed riding will run you about $550 and no reg will cost you about $350, so what are the extra fines?

il go pull my reciepts out of the drawer i know i got
- riding unregistered vehicle 125-250cc
- Operating a vehicle without a license
- and something to do with "riding on council property"

APARENTLY the cop let me off because i pulled straight over for
- riding along the footpath
- breaking a fence that belongs to the council (the thing was broken for like 5 years so fkd if i was paying for it)
- lol and he didnt breath test me :)

But the kid i bought my 49cc off got $1800 worth including 3 demerits
Unregistered
unlicenced
no helmet
on some property where he wasnt meant to
and something to do with how he got on the property (i think he did break something though)

so i bought his bike off him for $100 to help him out . . . naww

Unregistered
unlicenced
no helmet
on some property where he wasnt meant to

and something to do with how he got on the property (i think he did break something though)

so was he caught riding on private property?
I wanna know what the cops can do if they catch you riding on private property? I imagine they could do you for trespassing and nothing else?

COps carnt do anything on private property........ unless the owners press charges

that how i got away with riding in the local woolies car park for years,

yeah the guy i bought my bike off was on private property and was done for trespassing.

I know a few guys from tafe who ride up in belgrave that were stopped by the cops after riding in a large privately owned paddock, they were given fines and when they tried to tell the cop that it was private property he said "do you want to be charged with trespassing aswell then".

Then a week later they meet the guy that owns the property when he was doing some work cleaning up the paddock. They stopped him and offered to slash the grass and do some work on a fence in return for him just to say they were allowed to ride there in court.

It ended up going to court and they were let off the fines and the bloke ended up letting them ride there whenever they wanted as long as no one complained.

I think your all fine riding on private property as long as no one complains of noise (if you plan on riding in your suburban back yard) and as long as you can explain to the cops who owns the land your riding on and how you know them.

There was a story on 7 news in Adelaide last night. They are saying you cop a 5 grand fine and your bike gets crushed! Nice. They should ban cars if they wanna save lives. The government has so much land sitting there doing nothing. I'm in the process of getting some land specifically for riding on. I spose there will be some rule against that too.

Latest posts

Back