I'm building a bike, but what suspension??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its sounding good so far and the DNM suspension will be sweet. For off road id probably go with a 12 rear and 14 front setup though.

What motor did u buy and where did u end up getting it from?

personally i love the A style swingarms and 10-12inch bikes , buts its your choice , and if its for trails and just cruising around 12-12 ... 12-14 would be better feel and less bouncy , and the Suspension should be sweet! just get good deals and you will have a killer bike for a 3rd of the price

12-14 you say? hmmm... might consider that instead then...
the engine is a Lifan 150 with the basics, kickstarter, shifter, coil, cdi and other nic-nacs, don't remember the sellers name right now, it was the only 150 lifan I could find at the moment (that engine alone sells for 1000$ in norway)

I'm hunting for a frame as the next item, could anyone give me some links to decent frames?
and I'm starting to lean towards DNM forks...

Last edited:
You can drool over these ... :p

Vinco Specs

Vinco Minis

VINCOFRAME.jpg

Dam cactus where do I start with that? hmmmm I like :D . That is a totally different style of frame design but I like the swinger coz it looks tough as. It looks to be simmilar to an I beam type design. The exhaust and muffler also looks nice with a different style to the conventional mufflers.

Now tell me the price? :p

Gotta luv the music on the vinco site :cool:

That's just for the legs ..... NO triple clamps and probably NO axle ..... plus shipping to Norway will probably be a killer ...... Have you emailed TDR or ykjohnson for a price ????

That's just for the legs ..... NO triple clamps and probably NO axle ..... plus shipping to Norway will probably be a killer ...... Have you emailed TDR or ykjohnson for a price ????

not yet, since the suspension is one of the areas I'll be spending some $$ I'm just checking what to get before I find a place that sell them at decent prices, I'll be sending out some mails soon.

give John from fiddyparts.co.uk a call....he got a decend Klx styleframe for 160 pounds and can hook you up with some serious suspension for cheap.....get it all in one place , then you can beat the shit out of them if something doesen't do what it should!!;)

alright, I've sent out some mails and so far DNM themselves are the only ones who has given me a reply, they wanna know the specs of the suspension I want, I need some help here guys.
I am looking at a set of MM-200 forks, but they come in 4 different lengths,645 ~ 695 ~ 735 ~ 780mm, which length would be optimal for my bike? I'm going straight svingarm, DNM shock and a 14\12 wheelcombo.

Im not sure if DNM will give you a better price because they prefer minimum orders of 10 pieces, so I will be interested to see what price they offer you.

Im not sure if DNM will give you a better price because they prefer minimum orders of 10 pieces, so I will be interested to see what price they offer you.

yeah I know, but I explained to them why I contacted them directly instead of one of theire dealers, I basicly asked them to help a poor fellow out:D

Fiddy@Norway, I've been absent for a couple of months, so maybe this is too late to help you decide on your machine, but what the hell ...

Rode my MSO-SR a little bit at Lue MX and offroad complex last weekend. See this link Louee Enduro and Motocross Some guys in NSW will know the place, you'll have to guess what's relevant to you.

BTW, the Lifan 150 engine (with A1 cam and OKO26 carb) was real good as per usual (it's a weapon on tight MX tracks). I went for 15:39 gearing and rode everywhere in 3rd and 4th with some clutch fanning in slow corners.

Now my suspension really surprised me. Being used to riding on ruts and woops and shitty joker jumps where I normally go, so on the hardpacked MX and SX tracks I did not know what to expect from my suspension (or frame). It handled really good and soaked up some short and long landings which were reasonably heavy for a pitbike. I could hit single jumps flat out and not care about the flat landings or getting jarred or bending/breaking things. The forks were unreal. And I'm a little bit fussy - real plush most of the time, but good bottoming resistance and the front felt planted nicely around corners. The rear never bottomed out harshly either, and that's with 74kg me on the 800lbs/in (soft) spring. Real happy about that. The Pirelli MX scorp tyres were in their element and felt great on the hard pack too. Although going off track could get ugly, clearing or overjumping everything on the MX track was not risky. On the SX track I would NOT attempt the 3 medium (40ft?) doubles or the monster tabletop. On the medium (65ft?) tabletop I had a real go once, and only just rode away from it (landed a bit off centre in the loose clay rubble) so I called it quits after that lap! :eek:

The frame did not bend (wheelbase still measures the same). I've yet to check the frame for cracks, or remove the rear suspension bolts, but it all felt so smooth when riding that I don't expect any structural problems.

Call me a mini traitor - but for sure my bike would rip with slightly larger wheels like 14+17 instead of 12+14. Not just over bumps but picking jump landing lines would be heaps easier with some more wheel gyro effect. If you are riding shitty trails then larger wheels just has to be better for you in terms of grip, control and comfort.

My suspension is cheap stuff! To quote myself ...

My suspension:
* MSO forks (zocch copies) with orig fluid and metal swarf *fully* flushed out, and 280ml of motorex 7.5wt fluid in each leg. Stock fork springs with minimal preload, and clickers adjusted as required. These forks are *great* for the price!
* Rear 800lb/in softer spring (I am 74kg and get *much* better traction with the softer spring). DNM shock with a real heavy/thick shock fluid and re-gas. The shock still fades (gets erratic) when heated and is hyper sensitive to rebound click adj, but with new thick fluid it is 50 times better than stock.

My project is getting along, I've recived the engine, but the asshole who sold it didn't include the wiring harness and I can't find one for sale anywhere... the carbkit also arrived along with a set of protapers and other bits and pieces.
the suspension is giving me a slight headache though, It looks like I'm going to have to get ripped off if I want something decent on this bike....

Have you asked ykjohnson if he will ship to norway? If he will then the price for a set of DNM forks will be much cheaper than the $800 you were quoted and would be more like $300usd plus shipping

Latest posts

Back