ip54fmi kick starter mechanisim ticking

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwerty123

Reaction score
ok so my engine appears to have a 1p54fmi bottom end as it is now a mix of everything
but any way before all the parts i put on it it ran fine but my mate stacked and smashed his klx 400 right on my kick starter and it smashed it forward. the case where it stops the kick starter from returning any more is a bit crunched up lol, so we kicked it back and it was all fine

one day i decided to run my bike and it started but the ticking noise that goes on while the kick starter isnt returned 100% wont shut up and it is driving me mad,

how can i fix this ,its is a crank mounted clutch engine.

Last edited:
any ideas

it also causes my bike to not roll backwards in gear with the clutch in because it spins the kick starter backwards

and when i roll it forward with clutch in its really stiff and ticks without the engine running.

Maybe your spring has been knocked off or broken. Here are a few pics of it on the shaft (Different engine but mostly the same):

30092009012.jpg

30092009014.jpg

On the second pic and of that could've broken off and be stuck in your engine. It might also be you've knock the gear drum around and the gears aren't lineing up properly. It'll be a definet pull down and inspect job..

what could of broken off? in the second pic

and i doubt its the shift drum because its just the kickstart wont disengage when it retracted to the top.

everything runs fine just a really loud whirring noise

could i just rip the whole kick start system out what would that take because its got a e start anyway.

really dont want to split the case to have a look.

ive been looking at a couple of pics and its definitely that gear on the shaft on the second pic that is ticking

so why wouldn't it stop spinning once the engine is running

what causes it to stop ticking when the kick start is at the top and retracted

my guess is the shaft is bent. which is not allowing the mech to return centered and making the gear still spin.

this is a start in neutral engine only right? if so then the pick above are a different setup

i figured out what the problem is.
took my clutch cover off ( messy :mad:)

and looked at the chunk in the center case that stops the kick start shaft returning any more and its Been completely stripped through, so the kick starter was able to spin round and round till the spring unwound and misses the set point where it would normaly disengage..:mad:

so ripped off the spring and all the other junk and now just run a kick shaft that spins in gear and makes no noise.

good and bad

good thing for e start.

so tip of the day don't ride in front of idiots that run into you from behind... and smash your kickstart backwards.

Latest posts

Back