is Atomik producing higher quality bikes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATOMIKRIDER22

Reaction score
hey guys
just looking on atomik and saw their new 2012 bikes are out
and it looks like they have put some effort in to the making of their new atomik comp range even a 172cc
heres a link to it to have a look
Comp L 172cc - Competition Bike - Dirt Bike
so what is your opinion are atomik making better bikes or just copying pitster pro's lxr model.

They look okay ..... havent came across anyone that owns one yet though because they are fairly new .

But then again i havent heard of anyone with the 160cc comp version either ....

Most people probably dont wanna out lay a great deal of money to those pirates lol.

I find most of there market sales come from the low to mid priced / quality bikes mainly the nitrous , bigfoot and there crappy quads and kids bikes

Plus there customer service /support are just plain garbage they take your money and run.

i have seen a couple in person, there abit average looking in person and the guy broke it in the first ride and 2nd race..
its a copy of the dirtmax dominator 172
i wouldn't bother dealing with atomik either because of there poor customer service

i have seen a couple in person, there abit average looking in person and the guy broke it in the first ride and 2nd race..
its a copy of the dirtmax dominator 172
i wouldn't bother dealing with atomik either because of there poor customer service

LOL i wasn't expecting them to be any great cheers for the input I've been keen to know what they were like...

just get a dhz or a motovert an be done. only setting urself up for failure . unless ur 6 yr kid is gana ride it

they do a quality job putting the decals on haha set the pick with the tank decals lol, they got rocks underneath it?

I seen that pic too LOL .... you'd think the dumb bastard that took that pic would look at it and go hmmmm FAIL thats not going on the website :lol_hitting:

I haven't had any experience with atomik but if they are genuine marzocchi forks the package appears to be a reasonable deal. Who going to be the guinea pig?

I haven't had any experience with atomik but if they are genuine marzocchi forks the package appears to be a reasonable deal. Who going to be the guinea pig?

I highly doubt there real .....

i know plenty of people have had issues with atomik but i must have been lucky. yes my motor had a stripped thread on the head, but thats not their fault as they didnt build the motor thats a manufacturer defect. once i notified warranty of the issue the whole thing was cleared up in under 2 weeks, with them sending me a new head, carby and gaskets.

this happened a couple months ago and since the bike has been running like a dream. cant say much for the crappy handlebars, shock and forks thats why i upgraded them, but when i got the bike for $875 inc shipping im not complaining. the motor alone is 500-600 online.

just my 2 cents on all the atomik bashing but hey when u been burnt before u dont get burnt again fast and if ppl feel that way thats their opinion

about 3-4 years ago atomik was producing a very low quality line of bikes, but like every company you just keep getting better and better but with atomik its going the other way

Thanks for reading the rant hahah

i know plenty of people have had issues with atomik but i must have been lucky. yes my motor had a stripped thread on the head, but thats not their fault as they didnt build the motor thats a manufacturer defect. once i notified warranty of the issue the whole thing was cleared up in under 2 weeks, with them sending me a new head, carby and gaskets.

this happened a couple months ago and since the bike has been running like a dream. cant say much for the crappy handlebars, shock and forks thats why i upgraded them, but when i got the bike for $875 inc shipping im not complaining. the motor alone is 500-600 online.

just my 2 cents on all the atomik bashing but hey when u been burnt before u dont get burnt again fast and if ppl feel that way thats their opinion

Thats fair enough my mate its actually nice to hear a good story from an atomik customer im glad its all worked out well for you !

I can defiantly say there quality is better now then from back in the day its just the customer service and after sales support thats seems to be bit on the poor side .

All china bikes have there goods and bads none the less

Id like to have a dig on the new 172 comp but i aint paying $2400 ! im too poor lol

im bored so i will say what i saw with the 172 instore when i went there last week
i looked at the 172 comp on display and pics look good but up close the bikes are **** even the display model
i looked at the forks and one side didne even ave a sticker that was wierd and when i was looking at the bikes the person at the counter said looks go dosnt it and me being me said what i thought
"no half the stickers arent on the bike and theres two fuel taps"
i cant remember what he said but then he walked off
i think if the bike was as good as it looks in real life as it is in the pics i would say yeah looks great but they dont even the other 125 and 150 i think it was were ugly and didnt look like a quality bike i also asked if i can sit on them and he said yeah that one you can its all done up
i dont know what he meant but the screws were no were they should be like in the wrong holes
also theres litle wires everywere
say what you like but they are ****
also #2 the air box thingo looks and feels dodgey
but i did like the looks of the nitrous motard that wasent that bad
thanks for reading my boring words of no wisdom

Last edited:
^^ phew that was tough to read lol, looks can be deceiving though (not very often but yeah). I thought the PSTO's looked rubbish in the shop but they have been proven to be a decent bike after all...

i am the guinea pig now as i ride for atomik at the moment and have nothing but a pleasure riding the bike at its full potental. Coming 3rd overal in round 1 of the vcm series is proof in the pooding that atomik has good things to come in the near future...

before i signed up with them i told them that i want to roll up my lxr by the side of the atomik and be able to feel the same riding feeling that i get with the lxr... and sure enuf with some mods to handle bars fork travell and abit of stiffness to the rear shock i was flying round the track like i was riding a "higher end" bike...

i was sceptical to the brand atomik as we all know the old quality of the brand was nothing short of poor.. but this bike i think does needs some recognition as the price isnt that bad and the quality is second to none from there older models..

mine isnt complete stock with the V2 head and 184kit but i rode it stock for 1 race and still was happy with the way it went grabbing a 3rd in 1 of the heats.. just needed a 16t sprocket cause it ran out of legs down the straight...

nothing has gone wrong with the bike and i can asure you that i havent riddin is lightly!!!! but havent jumped anything over 50ft with it and dont think i will have to?!!

come have a look at one at a track somwhere they will suprise you!
cheers styv ;-)

Hey man... got any pics or vids? I dont believe anything unless I see it....

Ive got an atomik, and I find it hard to believe they're doin anything but bottom end bikes...

Also, Which atomik bike are you riding? You havent mentioned the model here...

I race the new 172 comp L... Look it up $2400 and the marzoochis are original shivers I had them check it out... Mine hasnt got the 4 valve head cause were still playing with that...(porting) wise to see what we can come up with (Hp) but they whacked the tb v2 head and 184kit on it and the little bugger flys!!!

Latest posts

Back