Is linkage suspension worth it

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dude!

Reaction score
hi guys i have been modding a frame trail beast and have been trying to figure out a linkage system to mod onto the frame. and after changing my mind a hundred time on how it should go i realised i hadent even thought about if it was worth it. the aim was to get long smooth travel. am i in over my head or will it be worth the effort if i get it right?? im a bit lost.

Would be hard to get right I personally think. You'd be better off buying a frame and swinga with it all ready set up together.

I found today after doing bigger jumps then I'd ever done that my ass is way less sore, the landings were easier and I had much more confidence jumping it. Plus I seem to do small ski jumps and whoop sections easier then other people of the same skill without linkage.

I personally like it, but am also looking at getting another non linkage bike(14/12 set up crf50 style). So I guess once I have that I could compare it easier on two bikes set up for me.

Yes the linkage midsize bikes are untouchable with todays linkageless china midsize's , imo .

But a linkage isnt a bolt on thing , from what i have heard , 1 little difference in shock angle / placement , and all the linkage parts etc make a big difference.

So as rach said , a proven setup would be the go.

iv been basing my dimensions off of a kx85 frame and rear iv got. suppose it would be easier to cut and mount the gear off of that

what exactly are you building.. got any pics.

but yeah linkage is def worth it providing its setup properly..

dont even know what to call it . got a tank off my busted tt350 to put on it, making the brackets up to put a spotlight on the front of it. planning on putting a altered 184 in it its gunna be a big ugly.............. some thing. im just looking for a rear setup thats will give me a nice soft and smooth ride like the old xr's and my old tt did.

A decent quality non-linkage shock beats a poorly designed linkage. Even some eqarly 80's Japanese bikes SUCKED. 1981 CR was so progressive that my fat arse couldn't bottom one. First KX uni-boinger had a falling rate so they were stiff on the stutters and still bottomed. A pal in the States is modding KLX frames with KX65 rear suspension, and doing it correctly. The bikes work amazingly.

From my experience trying to build something is not worth the hassles and eventual cost. eg. trying to mod a non turbo car to make it like a turbo car in the same model....

If you can, ride a linkage bike. You will prob find the whole package, alot better than what you are trying to make, and probably safer.

Latest posts

Back