Is this a clutch problem?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jstreett

Reaction score
I have a pitster pro x4 with a tb 146 big bore kit. 1st 2nd and 4th gear run fine. Whenever i get into 3rd gear the bike has a constant jerk almost like the clutch is engaging then disengaging idk if it would be the clutch or something with the transmission any help would be much appreciated!!!

I have a pitster pro x4 with a tb 146 big bore kit. 1st 2nd and 4th gear run fine. Whenever i get into 3rd gear the bike has a constant jerk almost like the clutch is engaging then disengaging idk if it would be the clutch or something with the transmission any help would be much appreciated!!!

Sounds to me like you have done 3rd gear if it only happens in that gear.

any diagram i can get or a website or something that could help me a little? Where can i order the gear from ? thannks

what engine is it running and is it a start in any gear engine?
if so then depending on the sprocket shaft size buy a new lifan 140 or zonger 140 gearbox and gear drum

as for a manual, look in my sig

3rd is the weak link in all the chimport engines. Weak, narrow and with wimpy engagement dogs.

sometimes one or both forks on the gear drum will wear heavily and wear away some metal on them which prevents them from pushing the gear all the way in causing it to jump, either way like the boys said you will need to split the cases to find out, but if there isnt any broken gears then inspect the forks on the gear drum and 99% of the time there will be excessive wear on one or the other forks.

Latest posts

Back