is this the future of dirtbikes????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh sounds good if they can get it up to 5 hour battery life and only a hour recharge ill be happy to invest in 1. i wouldnt mind a silent bike.. be able to ride up to the tracks un noticed..

if the batterylife and recharge times improve and prices drop to an affordable level these bikes might be alright, the pros seem to outweigh the cons : silent, no chance of disturbing anyone, cheap running costs, crazy torque, completly tunable engine power-delivery by pressing some buttons, less moving parts that break, no stalling, no gearboxes (a pro for some, a con for others).
If one of the big japanese companies like honda would do some R'nD and present a electric dirtbike the rest of the big japs would follow too, It's the jap's that create the future of dirtbikes.

Dont worry the big companies are investing big $$$$ into eletric vechiles. Toyota and Honda already have hybred cars. So unless some other fuel source comes along it is only a matter of time before the internal combustion engine becomes a relic.

yeh... and well miss the Fire and use of fuel.. well at the rate batterys are going i guess the thing thats been powering our torchs and car light will start Taking over our cars and motorcycles.. well who would a thunk it

Electric motors are highly efficient at power and torque delivery ..... just look at diesel electric freight trains and Euclid dump trucks ...... their wheels are driven by electric "traction" motors ..... and there is virtually zero power loss from the engine to the wheels ........

In fact diesels that run AC current are more efficient at maintaining traction than DC drive locos due to DC being too abrupt and creating too much wheel slip ...... much like the difference between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke bike ......

Fossil fuels are doomed in the future 100 % guaranteed ....... just look at the way the prices have gone up ...... even diesel fuel has doubled in price ....

It won't be long before the greedy pricks put the price of ethanol , LPG , electricity and even WATER ..... up high enough to stress a lot of people out ....

They're even claiming that ethanol will put the price of sugar and grain foods such as corn , rice , wheat etc up ....... ANYTHING that can be used to make ethanol from or allow people to cut down on fossil fuel use will be targetted .... You have a stack of people in the world who make a killing out of the oil industry and they won't let go of their glory life without a fight .... LOL ...

I wouldn't be surprised if the electric bike technology doesn't mysteriously "disappear" when the oil industry buys the developers of the technology out ......

what if your out for a ride where are u gunna stick the charger into a tree? and even if you didnt need a power point for one i wouldnt stand around wasting my time waiting an hour for my bike to charge

id say as you ride the power used into running the bike will be recharged a little by the wheel spin.. at some point the bike could run non stop if in the right terrain.

id say as you ride the power used into running the bike will be recharged a little by the wheel spin.. at some point the bike could run non stop if in the right terrain.

It is possible to recharge the battery as you slow down however it is impossibe for a perpetual motion bike (or car or anything) to exist. 60 years ago a lot of this crap went on about compressed air driven vehicles. THe engine ran on a tank of compressed air and as you went down hill or slowed down the valves were reversed and copmressed air was pumped back into the tanks. It sounds simple and like it would work.

In the real word power is lost thru heat, friction, and wheel spin and drag that it is impossible to recover these losses as the bike slows down.

It will never happen.

Unless some extra charging (like solar) was also used.

power cannot be stored in the main battery on a straight but if the power is link to another battery as a back up it could help alot.

In the Thumpertalk thread on the electric CRF 250 the guy talks about using braking energy and solar panels to regenerate more power to slow down battery drain time ......

Wow! CRF2eX - ThumperTalk

Last edited:
I see this as the way to go, electric driven bikes may even help the dirtbike world in some aspects, because of the lack of pollution and noise more areas could be opened for riding, it would also seem far less intimedating to parents to purchase a silent electric bike to theire kids instead of a roaring thumper, meaning more people would probably get into riding, easier maintenance would also help the not-so mechanicaly inclined. this could be a revolution in a few years, or it could die and completly disappear over night...

ahhh yeh well who said having alot of people doin our sport was a good thing.. were in the publics eye are the missfits i dont want that to change into the sweethearts.. :p

Latest posts

Back