ISP speed.. how fast are you!?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
Found this on another forum im on and figured it would be good to get a bit of an idea as to what speeds others are pushing.. just copy the required link(it says FORUM), once completed into your post.

please dont chit chat. and no photochops!

Heres mine:

Ahaha awsome, couldnt wait to see what it said about my dail-up. :D

Is this supposed to be my actual download speed? Because my download speed is only 15kbps max. Cant get broadband in the hills!!

does anyone else find that they dont get there complete speed with Telstra??

at home im on the 1.5mb libity plan and fuk me i never get my probber speed its shit so slow... i pay 4 it and dont get it...

and that speen thats displayed there in download and upload i dont think that is you actioll speed?? am i wrong?? how do you work it out off a speed lik that or say of your telstra plan if ive got a 1.5mb link?? i heard something about you have to divide it by 8 or something??? i dunno how do you work it out??

Darb the reason for this being that 1.5mb means 1500 mega bits now the actual speed in which everything is measured when downloading off the net is in mega bytes.

You might think is there a difference well yes a mega bit is 1/8th a mega byte so the maximum capable speed of 1.5mb is 187.5KB (kilo bytes).

Now you also might be thinking well I still never get that but the speed at which you download is not totally dependant on your connection it also takes into account the upload speed of the server which you may obtaining the file from and the distance/interference of your line from your ISP.

Darb the reason for this being that 1.5mb means 1500 mega bits now the actual speed in which everything is measured when downloading off the net is in mega bytes.

You might think is there a difference well yes a mega bit is 1/8th a mega byte so the maximum capable speed of 1.5mb is 187.5KB (kilo bytes).

Now you also might be thinking well I still never get that but the speed at which you download is not totally dependant on your connection it also takes into account the upload speed of the server which you may obtaining the file from and the distance/interference of your line from your ISP.

Ah thanks, I understand it now.

I traded some speed for some downloads with the company used to have 4x speed but only 1/8th the downloads not i struggle to even touch half of it lol.

lol, it dosnt seem that slow, it might hav been coz there was a vid buffering on you tube at the time. but ehh i dont care better than nothing

Latest posts

Back