Jakes first TDR chinga....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to bleed them as in get the old oil out?
if you dont have a little screw on the top.. (if you do undo that turn the forks upside down and pump them) then crack the top nut with the forks in the tripple clamp, slide the forks off the tripple clamp remembering to take the front brake off.. and undo the top of the fork, watch out there exessivly long plug/bolt and may be under a little spring tension so be wary a little bit.. take the cap off and pull the spring out remembering where the spacers are... and put them somewhere clean (dirt will stick to them) turn the fork upside down and pump them it takes a little while sometimes and you can leave them upside down while you have a coffie afterwards and a little more will drain out... warning it will be messy and will probably make you stick so have some rags, a bucket at the ready

i watched a video where he un done the top bolt and then un done an allen key bolt at the bottom and let it drain out... then just topped it back up through the top bolt... is in necessary to take off the fork?

i watched a video where he un done the top bolt and then un done an allen key bolt at the bottom and let it drain out... then just topped it back up through the top bolt... is in necessary to take off the fork?
Yeah that will work also, if you have the allenkey and if you can undo the bottom bolt (damper bolt) sometimes you cant if you dont have the 8mm allen key then taking the forks off is not hard anyway

Yeah that will work also, if you have the allenkey and if you can undo the bottom bolt (damper bolt) sometimes you cant if you dont have the 8mm allen key then taking the forks off is not hard anyway

awesome! thanks mate! will hopefully do that soon!

big night tonight! unfortunately my phone died so ill have to take some photos tomorrow! what i got up to was... wired up my whole rec reg kit... horn,headlight,taillight,brakelight,switches..... and replaced the oil in my forks... so much stiffer.... went with a 15W and it is perfect! thanks for all the info on that stuff!

hey guys! so heres some pics of the new blue hose... and the rec reg kit.... what i have put on is
-tail/brake light
-headlight
-horn

and i need
-mirror and quiet exhaust....

then ill go for rec reg:D

here are some progress shots....

also i started neatening the wiring but did the front and got frustrated so the rest is for another day, just a question about the wiring... do you think i need all the connector plugs? or can i just rus strait cables to most things? cause they take up alot of room and i could make it look alot better without them, id only need to keep the nessisary things like headlights able to be disconnected?:D

pressure switch

horn

holy crap to quick for me btw the pressure switch should be mounted at the master brake cylinder as it will protect it :)
and for the wires just put the longer ones in a loop

Last edited:
holy crap to quick for me btw the pressure switch should be mounted at the master brake cylinder as it will protect it :)
and for the wires just put the longer ones in a loop

ohh rec reg you say...... hahaha welcome to me and my67xr's world lol
this is what i should of done.... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rec-Reg-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item25802b492a&_uhb=1
but if you want to keep up to date with what im doing ............... http://www.miniriders.com/ask-tech-masters/38211-how-setup-rec-reg-kit.html

thats the exact kit i got hahaha! also that is where i tried to mount it but the pressure switch is too tall and it hits my frame... but oh well, down there will do...

hopefully going down to parwan tomorrow :D gotta try it out and mke sure it all works! hhahaha although i look funny when i go cause i only own a helmet and goggles... i just rock trackies a hoodie and work boots hhahha

haha i do that at frankston quite alot.. nobody seems to mind

hey guys can someone pleaase explain to me what the little bottle like thing is on the rear suspension.. is it just oil or something or? also do i need to do something to this to make the spring stiffer? or just tighten the coilover?

hey guys can someone pleaase explain to me what the little bottle like thing is on the rear suspension.. is it just oil or something or? also do i need to do something to this to make the spring stiffer? or just tighten the coilover?
its just a external reservoir for the nitrogen, the oil is in the bottom of the shock to tighten the spring yest tighten the coil over..
what shock do you have some have dampner adjusters on the bottom.. that may help you also

its just a external reservoir for the nitrogen, the oil is in the bottom of the shock to tighten the spring yest tighten the coil over..
what shock do you have some have dampner adjusters on the bottom.. that may help you also

just the stock standard chineese one.... i think the only adjustments are on the top of the coil.... oh well guess ill just tighten tht all the way and see how i go :) thanks for the advice!

hey guys so got out for a bit today in the mud! got the bike all dirty... was great fun but really cold so i was only riding for about 2 hours.... i did have my first stack and my leg is now quite swolen (although its not noticable in the picture) i also bent me "REAL" pro taper bars.... and then cut up dads stool and made a bike stand/mini seat!

also to all wondering why i put the pressure switch down on the brake this is why... it wouldnt fit with the subframe there....

Latest posts

Back