Jakes first TDR chinga....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the help guys! ill be getting on the air filter business as soon as i can!

u should DEFINATLEY be checking for loose bolts. i mean like every single bolt/nut on the bike. if u find any loose, tighten the up with some LOCTITE!!! chinese bikes loose bolts all the time, so loctiting them is the best solution. i would also check ur chain tension, as its a new bike the chain will strect considerably. remember there should be 40-50mm of slack at the chains longest point on the swingarm. and also check ur oil every 2-3 rides, just to make sure its up to where its meant to be.
cheers,
jack

okay! tonight.... i bled and changed the brake fluid... brakes so much better now......

i also greased up all the bearings and put loktight on the important bolts! tomorrow ill do my spokes (some are so damn loose) and if someone could tell me how do i make my front suspension stiffer?

also found this.... my front brakes already have the switch for a brake light... im guessing all it would need is a positive and a switchwire at it??? i know alot about my electrics so nothing much to stress about there....

im pretty sure that switch is for an electric start module mate ;) theres two wires that come out of and go under the seat and bla bla. u have to pull the front brake in to activate the switch to complete the curcuit for the electric start. iirc the tdr 110 dont come with elec start? but yeah, im pretty sure its just a leftover of one of their electric start bikes that they just wacked on. thats the beauty of chinese bikes-there just made of watevers lying around, lol. and to make your forks stiffer, u can buy some hevier weight oil for 'em. i'd try 10-15w, but it would depend on what you have in them at the moment.

im pretty sure that switch is for an electric start module mate ;) theres two wires that come out of and go under the seat and bla bla. u have to pull the front brake in to activate the switch to complete the curcuit for the electric start. iirc the tdr 110 dont come with elec start? but yeah, im pretty sure its just a leftover of one of their electric start bikes that they just wacked on. thats the beauty of chinese bikes-there just made of watevers lying around, lol. and to make your forks stiffer, u can buy some hevier weight oil for 'em. i'd try 10-15w, but it would depend on what you have in them at the moment.

hey mate yeah it already has electric start..... and thats not a part of it.... im sure i could wire it in just like a brake though... ill try it out :D and thanks for the infor on the oil... how exactly do i get the old oil out of forks.... got no idea...

That switch is for a brake light, just take pos from battery ,crimp on a spade terminal, put it on 1 of the lugs, spade terminal on wire to headlight on the other terminal and either earth out the other headlight wire or run back to the battery neg. If you are happy with the dampening of the forks but the springs feel weak you can just unscrew the top bolt, stack some washers on top of the springs and screw the top bolt back on, it will firm up the forks

Last edited:
i had the same switch on my electric start very old Atomik,
it was hooked up so that the electric start button wouldn't work until you put the front brake on.

you can use that switch to wire up a brake light too, as posted above.

hey mate... just went down to the shops to have a look at oil... the closest i could find was 15W - 40..... would this work or? cause i couldnt find 15W-10

Go to a motorbike shop and ask for fork oil, should have it in 5,10,15w
8909motul_20fork_20oil_20medium_2010w__00289_zoom.jpg

Go to a motorbike shop and ask for fork oil, should have it in 5,10,15w
8909motul_20fork_20oil_20medium_2010w__00289_zoom.jpg

thanks heaps mate! i was looking at normal oil with the marking 15w-40 hahaha silly me... could someone explain to me what all those numbers mean by any chance?

thanks heaps mate! i was looking at normal oil with the marking 15w-40 hahaha silly me... could someone explain to me what all those numbers mean by any chance?
lower the number the higher the viscosity..
so 50w oil is like honey whereas 10w oil is like water

what does this have to do with forks and dampening? your forks are a piston with a hole or valve in them and oil is forced through that hole dampening the force of the impact and slowing the fork but if you put heavier oil in the fork it will be slower dampening because it takes more force to squeeze it through the hole and the lighter means it will be more springy and faster dampening

lower the number the higher the viscosity..
so 50w oil is like honey whereas 10w oil is like water

what does this have to do with forks and dampening? your forks are a piston with a hole or valve in them and oil is forced through that hole dampening the force of the impact and slowing the fork but if you put heavier oil in the fork it will be slower dampening because it takes more force to squeeze it through the hole and the lighter means it will be more springy and faster dampening

thanks so much for that hahaha finally understand it! ill just have to find out how to bleed them... im sure youtube will have it

i've always thought the 5 weight fork oil is thin, 15 weight is thicker

5w soft, 10w medium, 15w firm. So the higher the number the firmer your forks will be. 10w is a good starting point

5w soft, 10w medium, 15w firm. So the higher the number the firmer your forks will be. 10w is a good starting point

okay thankyou! ill go have a look for some 10w fork oil soon and fill you guys in on how it feels! ill try make a video with the fork travel distance

thanks so much for that hahaha finally understand it! ill just have to find out how to bleed them... im sure youtube will have it
to bleed them as in get the old oil out?
if you dont have a little screw on the top.. (if you do undo that turn the forks upside down and pump them) then crack the top nut with the forks in the tripple clamp, slide the forks off the tripple clamp remembering to take the front brake off.. and undo the top of the fork, watch out there exessivly long plug/bolt and may be under a little spring tension so be wary a little bit.. take the cap off and pull the spring out remembering where the spacers are... and put them somewhere clean (dirt will stick to them) turn the fork upside down and pump them it takes a little while sometimes and you can leave them upside down while you have a coffie afterwards and a little more will drain out... warning it will be messy and will probably make you stick so have some rags, a bucket at the ready

Latest posts

Back