Jialing 150cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themountain

Reaction score
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]New engine on the way!! 150cc four up gearbox 60x53 bore stroke;)
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
no thanx

nah i dont want one, dosnt have as much pulling power cause the stroke is too short.. longer stroke more pulling power more momentum better off doing a longer stroke crank engine up, same principle with car engines look it up??

Our engines have a strange bore/stroke ratio already, the jailing and lifan engines have an underbore engine (stroke larger then bore) which means an engine with torque, but shouldn't rev all that great. Motorcross bikes today generally have a overbore engine (bigger bore smaller stroke), and industrial machines have underbore engines.

I shouldn't speak, cause i run a underbore engine too (56x60.5), however this engine should be exciting, should rev really good having a big bore and stroke.

2 valve heads like a long stroke and smaller bore - Bigger bores with smaller strokes like DOHC 4 to 5 valve heads - just like YZF/CRF/KXF/DRZ and all the other new MX engines . The CRF's are UNI-Cam but still are 4 valve .

The US modifiers like RKFINCH have found it to be fact thru dyno testing . :)

Sounds quite simple, 2 valve heads like a long stroke and smaller bore.

to my understanding, long stroke engines generate more rpm and short stroke generate torque because it works on the time it takes the engine to do 1 full cycle so shorter stroke quicker cycle. and for these little engines i dont think you'd want to rev them much more that 10,000-12,000rpm...and torque builds horsepower not rpm.
besides torque is more usable as you get to the speed quicker than waiting for rpm to build.
but by looking at these 150cc i d say without a doubt they would thump, and specially as they recon there is going to be big bore kits up to 229cc available.(as posted in another thread)

i have just found out that they are not made by jialing, but they are yx150cc and yx is a engine manufacturer in china.. jialing have not released there 150cc engine.
as GPX is not a engine brand they just put there logo on the engines.
this information is from a chinese bike company, and by having heard so many different remarks too these engines its hard to follow as to what is true..

so if anyone else can confirm this info ,let me know.
keeping in mind chinese companies tell you what you want to hear all the time.

I think that you have it the long way around Sean, a longer stroke motor produces more low end torque since torque is crank throw and leverage is it not?

Short stroke big bore engines are able to rev high and top end horse power is increased, however has less low end torque

take formula one engines, they are able to rev real high. Their engine setup is big bore, short stroke.

well said

well said, short stroke high revs , long stroke = torque.;)

I think that you have it the long way around Sean, a longer stroke motor produces more low end torque since torque is crank throw and leverage is it not?

Short stroke big bore engines are able to rev high and top end horse power is increased, however has less low end torque

take formula one engines, they are able to rev real high. Their engine setup is big bore, short stroke.

after doing a bit of searching i have found i have been miss informed back in the day of my engine reconditioning years...
so cheers dude for pointing that out....
also what had thrown me off was that myself and a mate both a datsun 1600's with 2.2 ltr strokers fitted both running same carbs same heads same camshafts only difference was he had a billet crank with short rods and i had a longer rod setup. and on the dyno and the street he would be flat out making revving past 7500rpm where as i could easly go 8800-8900rpm. and hp figure were way different as well, his was from memory 163hp and mine was 169hp.

yeah, generally the longer rod produces more power because it allows the piston to stay up at TDC for abit longer. i'm unsure why you could rev so much higher then him, but good old datsun 1600's! my uncle's got one with a nissan SR20DET in it :)

yeah at the end of the day, i think some engines like different crank rod combo's than others... im still a bit pi*sed as to being misled with that info as the company that trained me is highly into drag racing and at the time they had a hb torana with an overbore 161 holden red, 471gm charger and hilbourne injection, it was pullin high 9's at willowbank, now they have a chev v8 rail runnin mid 8's...
lol maybe i misunderstood what they said too after all it was about 12-15years ago...
as for the datto yep i still got mine sittin in the shed, the missis wont let me get rid of it...
also im guessin that yr a engine reco'er or mechanic...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back