joined the club

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westy465

Reaction score
westy's CRF50

hey all,

just joined the crf club. pick up my new one next week.

i have come from racing MX and a little bit of enduro.

where do you find the easiest place online to buy fast 50s, red baron, sano parts?

will get some pictures when i pick the little fella up.

cheers,

westy.

Last edited:
damn. really wanted to keep my dough in oz. how long do you guys find it takes to get your parts?

alot of the listings for after market parts say 00-05 and 05-08. what about 08-10? I doubt they would have changed the motors, but just wanna make sure.

ordered red baron bar kit. cant wait.

does anyone know where you can get cheap tall seat foams from? all i can find is complete seats and they are the same price as the seats i used to buy for FMX on my full size bikes!

i fit a crf50 dhz copy one there $45 but there not exact fit you have to jam it down and bolt it cos the angles not exactly the same. feels abit dodgy why you are doing it. really have to muscle it but once its been there a while its all good sort of moulds into the right spot. i used this for a couple of years then bought a redbaron that fits beautiful but youl pay around $150 to $200 for it. depends what you want to waste your money on. comfort or comfort with bling. i started off cheap spent money on rear fox air shock and +1 forks and hd front springs and bar kit thats all you need to adult size it rest is bling and speed.
enjoy though there great little bikes.

Last edited:
thanks man. yeh I found the DHZ ones. will get one of them to start with.

picked it up this morning and hauled it all the way home. have done a few laps in stock form. dont think it will be long before the little fella gets an 88cc kit. will put the red barron bars on tomorrow and take some pics of the backyard distruction. the dog hates it! the missus loves it!! goin out to party tonight, I think if the usual happens and people come back to mine after, there might be some bloody funny videos of drunk 50 riding to post hahaha.

why didnt i buy a 50 years ago??

has anyone done any mods to the stock carby? seems to have a pretty decent flat spot. i know i cant expect too much from the tiny little thing but think it can be tuned a bit better than the "qualified mechanic" did.

cheers

westy

recomend lifting the needle all the way up to richen it up. also if your keeping it stock get a cam and cdi seems to make a bit of differance to my stocker.

cheers will try moving the needle. does seem to be running lean.

here the little fella is as i picket it up.

Attachments

• P1000399.jpg
    P1000399.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 9
red baron bar kit
what i liked
1 - machining of the billet clamp.
2 - quality of bars
3 - riding position. so much easier with the wider and taller bars.

what i didnt
1 - billet carb top. while its a cool bit of bling, it needs to have a bent elbow for the cable to seat in. there isnt enough clearance between the top of the carb and the frame for the cable to seat nicely.

2 - throttle action. not real smooth. probably due to the above issue.

3 - price. just about paid this much for my GTYR CNC machined top triple clamp for my yz450.

Attachments

• P1000395.jpg
    P1000395.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 6
this is the smallest carby slide i have ever seen haha.

couple more of my two wheeled toys.

Attachments

• P1000403.jpg
    P1000403.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P1000406.jpg
    P1000406.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 13
  • P1000407.jpg
    P1000407.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 10
there good fun riding in the stock form, i love my stocker. i got the same bar kit as you, i hate the throttle cable it hangs out so much

yeh the whole throttle seems to be pretty cheap. looks like they just found the cheapest chinese option. the housing doesnt clamp onto the bars very evenly. and there is no reason for the cable to come out at that angle. looks prone to being caught on things.

Looks MINT!

Did you Buy it NEW?

With the Carb Cap...I tuck my Cable from the top of the Carb behind the inside of the Tank...not sure if that will work with a Stock set-up but? Worth a try as you just tuck the cable up into the space.

yeah i will upgrade mine.....................eventually

yeh tommy its new. do you have an aftermarket carby?

has anyone removed the spark arrestor on their CRF? sounds awesome but does it change your HP?

Latest posts

Back