JR Wheels with CST slicks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ok.

I am just seeing who can do a better deal dhz or jr then I think I'll order mine.. :)

There were no 7075 motard rims... Also, I don't see what my circumcision has to do with my choice of wheels :p

OK ... Under the "circum"- stances I can understand ... It's a pity they don't make wide 7075 rims because they are far better in quality and appearance than the standard pressed out recycled Coke can rims ...

BTW ... Where did you get those flesh coloured rim tapes from ??? ... :p

CST slicks arn't too bad.
I was lucky enough for krazed to give me a go and I was impressed. Good grip and when you lean over they have a flat side so the bike just wants to turn and hold the lean angle.
Even better when I leant too far over they gave me plenty of notice that they were about to let go and I could stand the bike up and get grip again and continue cornering.
They probably couldn't take a life time of abuse like TT's but hey, you could get 3 sets of CST's to a set of TT's.
What were your thoughts grnman and Krazed

yeah i got to ride Krazed bike on sunday as well and i was also very impressed with the CST's. and i agree and would say everything Barnsed has said.

for people entering the sport of motard, i would recommend them for sure, they had so much grip and i might even run them. for $60 a tire, these are definitely the to buy if on a budget. they are so soft. by the look of the punishment we were giving them whilst still running in krazed bike, it will be interesting to see how they would hold up in 30 deg weather and also after a few heat cycles.

i have no budget when it comes to tire selection, however i might be buying these.
im hanging on to see how they go in a few months time after they have done a bit of use.

Thanks for reminding me Barnesd09, I forgot to update this thread...

I was fairly impressed with the slicks... I'll still have to wait until I either buy race leathers with knee sliders or at least a set of knee pads in the interim as I was not pushing at all for fear of a shattered kneecap :p

That said, they are super soft and watching the pair of you get stuck into them was great... I get to show off my beaded edges now, hahaha. For the price I thoroughly recommend them as beginner tyres as you are unlikely to flog them to death too quickly and as Barnesd and grnman said they are very cheap :)

Once I put in another session or three on them (especially after I get knee protection) I'll update people on how they hold up after a few heat cycles and a good thrashing...

One thing to note though is the hubs are absolute rubbish... I spent 1/2 an hour stuffing about trying to get the disc bolts to seat on each wheel! The four bolt holes are not quite right and I ended up shearing off some off the bolt head to get the fourth bolt seated :confused:

The rims seem fine though and the spokes haven't loosened up at all :)

Last edited:
I bought myself some jr rims with the cst slicks and my set of discs fit on ever so easily. No problems at all with fitment. I just finished drilling out my forks to fit the 15mm axle and I am currently sorting out spacers.
Can't wait to get it to the track. My luck it will blow up dirt riding this Friday :)

Went for my first rise with the motard wheels yesterday, and I agree, they would be a good begginers tyres, gives PLENTY of notice when your leaning too far/ too fast in a corner, however I don't think I'll be getting them again, by the end of the night I was sliding almost every corner, which in it self is fun, but was severly slowing speed and lap times.

I'll also be doing some gearing changes as I was struggling to get to top gear down the straight. I have a 1 down on the front should do the trick... And i always love more acceleration :)

Hey Davvis. Good to hear the tyres are working well for you.
With regard to the tyres sliding at the end of the night, what was the air and track temp?
With most tyres, they only offer lots of grip with the track temp is above 25 and air above 15. anything below that and it is very hard to get heat into the tyres, cst's do it easier than TT's and Vee's and most race tyres.
Coudl also be that you are one hell of a sick rider and you heated the tyres well above 70degrees, and they went all gummy and shreded themselves
Try to gear it, so you hit the limiter just as you are about to back off and brake for the corner.

Track temp?? Don't know what it was, but the air temp was probably around 20, I didn't mess around with air pressures at all so I could probably have improved those, but still they were sliding way more tha. I would have thought, I wasn't really pushing that hard, the tyres weren't shreaded at all, nothing like my tyres on a 600 track bike,
yeah I'll see how this new gearing goes next time I get to the track
was the only one riding :(

Well davvis we ran the CST's on around 18psi and i did the fastest lap time ive done. also when i was running on them, mannaged to get them really ruffed up and they looked to be operating at a good temp. that day was about the same at about 20c.

Remember these bikes arent your 600's weight so, try running 18psi or so as i did the same and after getting off my road bikes i ran like 25psi on vee rubbers and it was sketchy.

If I remember correctly, the CST's probably arrived at my door with 40+ PSI in them!

As Grnman said, drop the pressure and you'll find that the tyre will grip/respond a lot better :)

Update time!

I finally had a chance to get some proper track time on these tyres... So far they hold up very well and I'm nowhere near running out of grip. The next chance I get I'll hand the bike over to Barnes or Grnman for a go to see if they can clock up a little more damage on them ;)

I would say at this point that they will likely hold up very well in colder conditions and most likely will shred on a hot (30deg+) day. To warm the tyres before a session I left the bike in the sun and they were sticky enough to more or less head out at full noise!

They are certainly confidence inspiring; the only time I ran out of grip was getting a little overzealous with the rear brake coming way too fast into a corner... They make nice screeching noises :p

i was right behind you when your rear wheel put on that lovely dance performance.

i think what also give the CST's such great traction is the contact area when they are lent over. As they wear, the contact area will only get bigger as well.

i was right behind you when your rear wheel put on that lovely dance performance.

i think what also give the CST's such great traction is the contact area when they are lent over. As they wear, the contact area will only get bigger as well.

They really want to tip in... I haven't seen any other tyre running such a sharp profile... Makes the bike nice and flickable but it would likely feel a little finicky to inexperienced riders ;)

I'll try to make the next show an intentional slide rather than a mistake...

Yeah, I found these tyres to have awesome grip all day long.. But one thing was it started to split (if you could call it that) away from the middle of the tyre, like there was 2 different bits of tyre, soft and hard I would think.

Hope that made sense, hard to explain without pics.

I know what you mean... I doubt very much they are dual compound as that's quite an expensive manufacturing technique for cheap Chinese tyres ;)

Probably just because they're cheapies... How much time have you put on yours?

I know what you mean... I doubt very much they are dual compound as that's quite an expensive manufacturing technique for cheap Chinese tyres ;)

Probably just because they're cheapies... How much time have you put on yours?

1 days worth (about 5hrs riding) lol.. Then I got rid of them and got a set of Vee Rubbers.

Latest posts

Back