JR Wheels with CST slicks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazed0451

Reaction score
I just bought a set of wheels off JR (pics below). They look ok, about what I was expecting. The casting on the rims isn't the smoothest where the raised parts for the spokes are but the rest of the getup looks pretty good (you won't notice this unless inspect the wheels closely).

The rubber feels fairly soft so I'll be interested to see how it holds up after a few heat cycles :)

I'll keep you updated once I actually ride on them!

CST1.jpg

CST2.jpg

same as dhz?
they look similar

Last edited:
Yeah mate, got a set myself... Haven't ridden with them on yet. I got black though and they look smick as..

You should have bought the 7075 rims off JR ... It looks like you Jewed out on the standard wheels ...

Shit! nice work dude, the red looks so much better than i thought it would, i recon you did well and will be a good chance to do a real test and review on the tyre as Grnman and I are running Vee's and Barnes is running TT92's....Hmm

excuse the ignorance, but what's the dif between the rims he bought and the '7075' rims???

7075 is a higher grade of aluminimum

so 7075 rims are much stronger than just normal alloy rims

BUT i would be more worried bout hubs after i smashed mine

It's not so much a concern for me either as the lamers that motard down here don't want to hit dirt jumps (Grnman, Barded09, Sam-125cc-shineray - *poke, poke* HTFU :p)... Yet ;)

I'll see how they hold up, I can't imagine (even if we do get some tracks with jumps happening) that I'll be going big enough to break anything...

PBK - how on earth did you smash hubs?

id recon bitumen racing would be harsh on the hubs,spokes and where the spokes fit in the rim..
a shtty quality rim wouldnt last too long i recon...

half the reason people go for the billet rims..

I guess I'll soon find out... I used to cain the sh!t out of a XR400 motard on the road, never had any problems with the wheels. Hopefully the fact that I won't be "backing in" and the bike weighs 1/2 as much will mean they'll hold up :)

xr400 wheels are hardly comparable to cheap china wheels... xr400 are classed as quality, cheap china's are no stronger than a coke can of the same thickness

plus an xr400 has more spokes to deal with the load

one set of Barnsed DHZ wheels are already out of round and thats with a 125. a guys 20cc motard need the spokes tightened after the first ride at dandy as well. but you have to remember you carnt get the best of everything all the time.

I'm fairly sure from memory that an XR4 runs 32 spoke rear wheels... They are just more spaced and will hold tension better as they are a longer spoke :)

Well, I guess I'll run them until they fall apart and upgrade to some mini billet wheels :)

Latest posts

Back