K&n Air filter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i run a K&N panel filter in my 4L EL Fairmont I6, they are definately a better flowing filter.
i have an upgraded cold air intake, and Pacemaker Tri-Y extractors, 2.5" exhaust, and bigger injectors
the weekend that i fitted it, we went away riding where we normally go.
the litres used per 100kms dropped from an average of 14.5, down to 13.4
so it does have it's benefits
also it is cleanable, reusable, after 3 services it has paid for itself.

i also run a K&N pod filter inside my 'modified to suit' airbox on my Ford Territory.
that also gets better economy on the highway, as well as a better/deeper induction noise too.
it has a better cold air intake, and Pacemaker tuned length extractors, and a modified 2.5" exhaust

do a search on ebay for that part number, you may find it cheaper O/S ?

Same as my67xr, i ran one in my I6 Ef same mods as his except mine had the shift kitted trans and now in my V8 LTD, swear by them, good filters.

Thanks for the feedback mate.
Many years ago I ran a k&n on my 318 Val and found it a pain in the butt the clean.
I was thinking that a filter in a airbox wont get dirty often and thought it might be worth another shot.
I like them fuel filters.

Yeah phil,
i have the home made electronic shift kit too , gives some decent 2nd/3rd gear chirps when turned on, lol.

forgot to mention, i run a 3.5" tall K&N on my XR Fairmont too.

K&N's all round, lol

i have heard of a few people using the BMC reusable panel filters too, with pretty much the same results.

p.s.
if you take it to get serviced at a dealer, let them know it has a reusable filter fitted.
a guy on the Ford forums had his serviced, and they chucked his 1 month old K&N filter in the bin, and fitted a genuine ford one without realising ?!!

Too be honest Damo, I never once cleaned mine in like 5 years, all I did was take it out and bang the dust out a bit, all good.

Yeah, i have the home made electronic shift kit too , gives some decent 2nd/3rd gear chirps when turned on, lol.

forgot to mention, i run a 3.5" tall K&N on my XR Fairmont too.

K&N's all round, lol

i have heard of a few people using the BMC reusable panel filters too, with pretty much the same results.

p.s.
if you take it to get serviced at a dealer, let them know it has a reusable filter fitted.
a guy on the Ford forums had his serviced, and they chucked his 1 month old K&N filter in the bin, and fitted a genuine ford one without realising ?!!

Yeah they are good right, even with my 18's it chirped 1st -2nd, 2nd to 3rd, awesome. i never turned mine off, haha, best mod i ever did for around 15 bucks

Good to see some ford boys on here. Fordmods members by the looks of it.
Looks like ill be getting a k&n for the Hilux and For the Xh When I pick it up.
Thanks for the great feedback. Let the Ford talk continue

I'm keen on a Xh as well. Price pretty right these days? What are you getting?

I'm keen on a Xh as well. Price pretty right these days? What are you getting?

I had a 98 XH XR8 5 speed. I sold it to pay debts and regretted it. That was 2 years ago. He has offered it back to me now for a fair price. I'm struggling to get the cash but hope to get a heap of overtime at work and bring it back home.
The day I sold it

yeah,
username xrfairmont67 ex fordmods,
my account stopped working for some reason, i couldn't log in etc, username didn't exist ? think my account got hacked, and spammed with chinese emails, ended up shutting my computer down.
that was a couple of years ago

then i moved on to australian ford forums, AFF, username my67xr
but been having a break from the too for the last couple of months.

sick of modifying cars atm, so have been concentrating on bikes, lol

just be careful that if its a pre oiled k&n panel filter that the MAF sensor isnt to close to the to the filter as it can suck oil mist onto the maf sensor witch is not good

i will leave you guys to the ford talk as im a holden man
cheers...

I had a 98 XH XR8 5 speed. I sold it to pay debts and regretted it. That was 2 years ago. He has offered it back to me now for a fair price. I'm struggling to get the cash but hope to get a heap of overtime at work and bring it back home.
The day I sold it

Nice, love the whites ones.

I have a K&N airpod on my hilux 2x4 it improved my fuel economy and perfomance. It has done over 45,000 km in the ute i have cleaned it 2 or 3 times and is still in good order. Sorry guys i will let you get back to talking about Fords.

I have a K&N airpod on my hilux 2x4 it improved my fuel economy and perfomance. It has done over 45,000 km in the ute i have cleaned it 2 or 3 times and is still in good order. Sorry guys i will let you get back to talking about Fords.

Thanks alot mate. Going by all the positive things said about the K&N I wonder why more people dount run them.
What sort of things do you all do for cleaning and maintenance?

go the fords and i run a k&n of my ford buddy i found it to be more punchy

Latest posts

Back