kazuma 200 no spark

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cennyddpow

Reaction score
I read the How To: Wire Your Bike (Kick Start) thread and had some more questions. I did post at end of the thread but did not hear back so posting here.

I have a Kazuma 200cc with a 6pin cdi. All the wiring has been removed and just want to use it as a dirt bike using the kick start. I dont need lights,signals,horn. Can I use the same diagram? It does have two green wires coming out of the cdi. Can I just ground them to the frame?

The coil had 1.2 ohms so I bought a new one but the new one is also 1.2 ohms. Is that the correct amount of ohms of 1.2? I thought it had to be 3 ohms or better.

I checked the ac voltage by connecting to the black/red and blue/white wire from the stator when I kick start it. It reads 60 volts. Can I assume the stator is good?

When I check the ohms reading on the cdi box I get readings on all points except the two green(negative/earth) point. Can I assume the cdi box is good?

Thanks for all your help

Attachments

• IMAG1264.jpg
    IMAG1264.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
ok so you have a twin plug cdi setup.. ditch that and go buy a basic pitbike wiring harness and single plug cdi box..

from the engine you only need 3 wires.. blue with white strip, black with red strip and green. they connect straight to the harness then harness plugs into the cdi.

out of the hardness should be a green and a yellow with black strip, they connect to the coil.

then there should also be another green and a black with white strip, these are kill switch wires..

so to out line them again just in case you want to rewire using your own harness..

blue/white - crank sensor
black/red - cdi stator coil
all green - earth

yellow/black - coil
black/white - kill switch

just make sure you use an old hardness so the cdi plug is intact..

thanks for the help. I bought a new cdi box and now have spark. lots more to go but I have spark......yes

Latest posts

Back