Keihin PE28 Main jet / Daytona 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china911

Reaction score
lve been running the 190 with a keihin pe 28 . (bought from dhz) they advertise 125 main . So going off that l think maybe a little lean time to play with it .

Any how l decided to clean the carb and discovered it has a 130 main jet.

Now the engine runs fine with the 130 and the clip position on 4th from top.

Color of plug is a light brown to white so probably spot on .

lm a little paranoid of the 190 running a little hot as the plug on a warm to hot day runs the white / latte color

is anyone running larger than a 130 main ..?????

I'll have a look tonight what I'm running mate.

l think l read on an old post gotta c/hobby that you were running a 130 and it looked nice and brown..

The biggest factor is l have a couple of long straights on my track and can hold it in forth for a while. And when its a warm day it runs white and hot..

the altitude and humidity in western Victoria is all over the shot. Not to mention the track is in a windy weather belt area. nothing grows there besides skinny looking gum trees.

I went from 125 to 130 to 118. Big jump I no but the 130 felt boggy, but the 118 ended being the best. In saying that I was never 100 percent happy with how it ran. What gearing you running? Might be worth going down a tooth on the rear and installing twin coolers on it...

I went from 125 to 130 to 118. Big jump I no but the 130 felt boggy, but the 118 ended being the best. In saying that I was never 100 percent happy with how it ran. What gearing you running? Might be worth going down a tooth on the rear and installing twin coolers on it...

l have it geared tall 17/ 37 that's fine .. l think l need to look into a larger oil cooler . the engine runs smooth without the spark arrestor off the muffler. with the 130 main . thou l cant get it to run with the arrestor in ,bogs and carries on , So l just run the pipe straight, it annoys the neighbours'.

l really think it annoys my mates on there jap 4 bangers to be honest. there always screaming fcuk in their helmets when they hear the anima hunting them down. They cant stand that l ride and smoke them on a oriental mini.

Thats the best part about owning a quick china mini, the jap boys hate it! Pm me your address if you want the mains jet, I have no need for it atm lol.

I am running a #45 Pilot and a #110 Main currently in my PWK28, but am yet to do a plug chop.
The plug has a light coffee/tan colour after riding it last time up at Murray Bridge track.
i'm hoping to get out to a mates' property soon though.

I have a heap of Keihin Hex Main jets too, 122, 125, 130, and 142 if you need any
and Pilots 38, 40, 42, 45, 48, 50

This is from BBR, PE28 settings for the Daytona 150's,
^ note when running the pod filter you need a leaner main jet

Keihin PE 28mm

Standard Carb Settings / m=main / p=pilot / c-=needle clip position 125m/40p/c-#2

Daytona DT150E and U-Flow (use optional 46JFQ needle) 125m/40p/c-#2

Daytona DT150E, U-Flow and CancelCore (use optional 46JFQ needle) 125m/40p/c-#1

Daytona DT150E, U-Flow and DOHC (use 3.0 slide and std needle) 132m/40p/c-#3

Daytona DT150E, Pod-Filter (use optional 46JFQ needle) 120m/40p/c-#2

l think l may have to buy a 135 main. it will bring me back to the middle /top clip position.

Hey at least there is some carby data on Mini riders good bench mark to work off . You cant beat that will save a heap of time if bikes are ridden interstate .

Interesting. It's amazing what different jetting combo's work for different people.

Just ordered another PE28 for my YX setup to get that race ready. I will be starting at 38/118.

Interesting. It's amazing what different jetting combo's work for different people.

Just ordered another PE28 for my YX setup to get that race ready. I will be starting at 38/118.

Primarily dictated by the exhaust system you are running, I think a lot of guy's are unknowingly running rich, at least its safe!!

Forgot to mention mine is a 28mm PWK flat slide, but it shouldn't make much difference 28mm PE to 28mm PWK.

Yeah i agree with Ringo,
With the bigger (45) Pilot mine starts very easy , even without choke, and is so responsive/touchy on the throttle.
Factory jetting (Main's) is too rich 99% of the time, and with the extra air flow from foam pod filters they tend to run even richer in the top end.

l guess the biggest contributing matter is wether the bike is used from point to point riding on /off the throttle (mx track) or faster flowing grass track .. tend to be more open throttle. l be interested in the set up of a road race anima engine.

l guess the biggest contributing matter is wether the bike is used from point to point riding on /off the throttle (mx track) or faster flowing grass track .. tend to be more open throttle. l be interested in the set up of a road race anima engine.

I don't think it makes any difference, set pilot jet to a setting from 1.5-2.5 turns out, plug chop at wot to light brown plug colour and then set the needle height to clean up the middle. It doesn't matter what type of riding you are doing, everybody wants it to pull clean at any throttle position irrespective of road or trail.

Going off past experience wot for an extended period time will destroy your piston. Even with an ideal plug color. A track for example like Phillip Island comparing the front straight to the back of Siberia cost me a couple of rgv250 engine. Only because of the vast altitude changes and air pressure drop.

Out of curiosity what type of fuel and octane are you guys running.??

I run BP 98, live at 13m above sea level and ride at about 26m above sea level.

Latest posts

Back