kenda vs vee rubber!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
tossing up between the two... can get 14'' front vee and 12'' rear vee for $80 or 14'' front kenda and 12'' rear kenda carlsbad for $95... not too worried bout the $15 difference just want tires that will be good on all surfaces! i know the vee's arnt too good in rock as the knobbs will ripp off! but i intend on riding on every surface

tossing up between the two... can get 14'' front vee and 12'' rear vee for $80 or 14'' front kenda and 12'' rear kenda carlsbad for $95... not too worried bout the $15 difference just want tires that will be good on all surfaces! i know the vee's arnt too good in rock as the knobbs will ripp off! but i intend on riding on every surface

Kenda Carlsbad ! :cool: !

kenda eat dick, get a jap tyre, they last so much longer.

Kenda Carlsbad all the way:D

yehh thats tru my bros vee is still got heaps off knobby and he rides on road and hard rocks so yeh ill go vee

one or the other sik-pj!...

na ash (no-fear) has told me that his vee's didnt last quite as long as the kenda carlsbad!... we are running a carlsbad on the rear of the 426 it is much bigger then the mates vee and he is running it on a 650!

i may try kenda carlsbad first then hit vee after they have worn? sound fair?

not a jap tyre get one from a actuall tyre shop, ie bridgestone or something?

a very good hard compound tyre for all mx type bikes is the Dunlop. my son has tried the kendas ect but can see the lasting of the dunlop easy.

you could just order em in from a moto shop..i bought my kenda's and got them fitted for $100

jap tyres are shit every time i go out i get flats all the time upgrade to a kenda the reason vee tyres last so long is because there hard as shit and have no grip like nice kendas

i don,t think the kenda tyre is as good as other brands available mainly due to its very soft walls and tread compound plus made in china. we have tried a couple of the kenda range tyres and compared to the dunlop which has a much harder wall and tread compound, we have stuck with this dunlop tyre. the wear rate is 2 kendas to 1 dunlop, cost for the dunlop is $50 to $55.

vee's are actualy a very soft compound! this is what elstar have told me!

ill hit them up a set i get 10% discount... wow! lol

vees stick to the rim better and have less tendancy to turn on the rim

a soft compound off road tyre is very good if used on surfaces like ; sand / mud and soft soil. the harder compound tyre is better suited to all teraines that many of these pit style bikes are used on. like some bitumin ect ect.

Latest posts

Back