Keys have gone missing.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigM

Reaction score
Searched the house.
Turned everything upside down

Cant find my key's anywhere.

What can i do? Other then pulling my ignition apart.

i lost my keys once and i unluged the ignition adaptor and it started when i unpluged it so give that a shot it should have a plug Are you talking about a pitbike? or road bike ?

Yea.
Just a pitbike

Would the company i got it from be able to send me out a new set of keys?

i dont think so, each key being unique and all.
looks like you will have 2 'hot wire' the bike now.
you need to unplug/cut the wire that grounds out the ignition coil.

Hmm
ah well.

Looks like no more keys for me.

Dunno much at all bout electrics, so i'll get me mate to come round fix it up.

Cheers for the help anyway

just make a game out of it, pretend to break into your shed and give yourself 3minutes to hot wire it before you call the police on yourself.

it will be fun and you'll be so worried about getting arrested you wont care that you lost the keys anymore :)

seriously though i think all you can do is hot wire it. it should be pretty easy to sus it out if you have a look at the wiring but i dont wanna suggest you 'give it a go' incase it doesnt work out :p

I'll give you a hint about where your keys are, there always in the last place you look :p .

Are you referring to an electric start or just an on/off key? Either way just disconnect it and bypass the key all together. Its easy to do even if you don't know about wiring and there should be a thread about it on here somewhere. Having a key on a pit bike is about as useful as tits on a bull.

haha
i llike that game idea.

cept my bike is in the house....
with an alarm.........

to bad if i dont make it out in time.. haha

they'll probably turn up, I wouldn't take your ignition apart just yet...

yea the key idea is stupid...i suppose it was just like a novelty (check spelling) thing lol. when i had keys on my old bike i just never took it out. that being a good thing cos i ended up losing the spare. :p

they'll turn up somewhere dudee

The quick fix would be to bash a flat head screwdriver into the key hole and force/break the ignition because im sure the china ignition lock would be rather weak and easy to break :p . Although bypassing it altogether is the best option and not hard to do.

go all out CSI on them and spray some super cool liquid nitrogen down the key barrel then slam that screwy down there!

yeah or try spraying some WD40 in there then use the small nail file from a swiss army knife and shake it around while trying to turn it

have a ignition barrel and 2 keys if you get desperate and want to keep the complete system without screwing(driver) it...

PM me if you want pics, $15 its yours.

hahaha

all great idea's

but just by passed the ignition barrel.

cheers for the help

Latest posts

Back