Kick start problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy-latin-steven

Reaction score
Hey i recently got a zongshen 250cc(i think its a hummer) dirt bike off my brothers mate for free. It has a bit of problems but most are fixed now. Except for the kick start problem.

The problem is that it dosnt kick over. Its like stuck or jammed.

Does anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks

seized piston by the sounds of it, which pretty much means you need a new engine when it comes to china bikes.

maybe not tho. what happens when you push the bike along in 1st gear? do the wheels lock up or does the engine turn over?

Last edited:
lol thats probly the reason why you have it...smells like kick start gears are rooted.

does the hummer have electric start? if so does it wind over by that? that will let you know if its seized motor or kick start gears are stuffed

in 5th gear leave the clutch out can you turn the back wheel?

sounds like your kick start gears are buggered, need to pull it apart and replace them. or take it to a big ass hill and try to clutch start it

Hey my brother asked the guy who he go it off, if he tried to connect electrics and start it. The guy said he put it all together with a new battery and it didnt start. So what would i need to do to make it start with electric start????

thanks

Hey my brother asked the guy who he go it off, if he tried to connect electrics and start it. The guy said he put it all together with a new battery and it didnt start. So what would i need to do to make it start with electric start????

thanks

igntion on and 12v's applied to the starter motor....im not sure of the type of electric motor but don't go mixing up the wires and do it backwards cause then you will run it in reverse and it wont run lol

Last edited:
sounds like you got a dud bike if you ask me. lol

Latest posts

Back