Kill switch conversion, Need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit_mx

Reaction score
I hate the kill switches that have the engine on and engine off button (come on mso's , pitpros ,orions etc) thats chunky as all hell ,looks shit and the engine on button serves no purpose even though you have to use in order to start the bike and run it. So my question is -is it possible to change a dual style kill switch (like i descibed) to a single Cr style kill switch button thus eliminating the engine on button?

i know what you mean i hate the look of them an there shit cause sometimes when i ride it use to flick off by itself so i just took it off lol

but im pretty sure if you get a yz,rm or wht ever kill switch it will wire straight up just make sure you get the wires the right way around otherwise you will have to hold it down to run lol

Every china bike I have bought for myself and my kids, I ripped the stock on/off kill switch off the bike and replaced with any push to stop kill switch that you can get from the wreckers, I have also done this for a few mates as well.
The stock on/off kill switch has just two wires going to it, as does the ones of all good Jap bikes, one hot wire and one earth.
Just cut the two wires and re-connect the two with the new push to stop kill switch, it doesn't even matter if you get them the right way round as when you push the stop button it just connects the circuit.
Some of the older style kill switches have only a hot wire and it uses the handle bars as it's earthing point.
So having said all that, you could have probably done the job before I typed this it is that simple...

Last edited:
rather than cutin the wires and shit can i just buy the kill button annd cable and connect it up as i fully took apart my bike today and it looks like mybe i can just connect the kill switch into the harness but im not sure im no lecco

50cc Extended Kill Switch - crf50 - ttr50 - xr50 - klx110 - drz110 - mini bikes - pit bike - big bikes - parts - products - racing parts - racing products - performance products - 50 - 88 - 110 124 - 134 - cc - Red Baron Racing

How much does a killswitch set ya back from the wreckers or am i better of to buy this red barron one

yea... its possible! get a yamaha kill switch of say a yz-yzf they are better then cr-crf kill switches

some guy on fmx Australia did it to his mso.

how is a yyamaha kill switch better than a cr kill switch lol ,Honda's came up with the sealed idea first .

Daniel40 do you have any pics of his bike?

Soldering is the most secure way but NO you don't have too, just connect wires by twisting together and then go around them with electrical tape.
Here a couple of pics of my boys bikes with them. At the wreckers it cost me $10 for two.
passport018.jpg

passport017.jpg

lou use heat-shrink instead of electrical tape...it will look more tidy and protect it longer... i agree the china kill swtiches are gay... ^^^ like that heaps better

Or run no kill switch and when you want to stop just quickly turn the throttle wide open and it will stall...

Or you could just run into a tree or car or any other solid object.

or pull the plug lead off, you could run a string from the spark plug cap to the handle bars.

i wanna get mine done but i don't want bare wires to be seen is there away you can make it like stock?

Last edited:
i prefer yamaha kill switches, it is much harder for someone to hit it and kill the bike! and whilst you're trying to start the danmm thing again ur getting pelted by rocks comming from the back wheel ov that person

Latest posts

Back