Kill switch conversion, Need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep..lol they found out the other day when both their bike decided to stop running. I had to go over the whole wiring harness and when my 15 year old saw it he give me a good punch to the ribs and said "I spose you think your funny"? I was laughing and then my 13 year old came out and said whats so funny, and I was dobbed in again. Yep I copped another punch from him.
It turned out that the switches were the cause of the bike problems. all the mud and water over the last two years has had them corrode and they caused a short so I had to remove them.

2 years is a fair time for that trick to work, your kids must be well behaved and not try to ride the bikes when you are not around. Time to find another method to keep an eye on them (put a bit of wax on the engine/exhaust and it will burn off if the buggers have a ride).

2 years is a fair time for that trick to work, your kids must be well behaved and not try to ride the bikes when you are not around. Time to find another method to keep an eye on them (put a bit of wax on the engine/exhaust and it will burn off if the buggers have a ride).

Yeah, I am lucky to have good kids, It sort of pissed me off a bit that they hadn't tried to take them out for a spin, makes me feel like I have gone to the trouble for nothing lol. Maybe they were just playing dumb and have been aware the whole time. who knows.
I like the wax trick though, I will be given that one a go for sure.
Cheers. Steve

this is mine pretty much same pics what pegleg posted, The guy at Honda did a good job on it he put i think its shrink rap like cass38a was talking about on and its really good works real well.

here are the pics:

Killswith1.jpg

KIllswitch.jpg

Latest posts

Back