KTM

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
I've been looking for a decent 125 2t and i've come across alot of ktm 125sx's which are fairly cheap compared to all the other 125 2ts i've seen. what are your thoughts on the ktm 2005 125sx?

Crap. No linkage and massively expensive parts.

If you are going back that old I would take a CR or RM any day of the week over a KTM

I agree, don't go Kato if you are trying to buy a cheap bike. Find a clean Yam, Suzuki, Honda or Kawi. You will be glad you did.

there is nothing wrong with the KTM & 2005 is a good year..

they didnt have linkage because with the shock they used it wasnt needed

Who kidnapped Hillz and is using his login?? lol

Did not see that coming.

306704_411949772211535_1634700437_n.jpg

600402_469383409801504_1247469005_n.jpg

:p Everyone had their own opinions, i reckon (based on mates who have them/owned them) their a great bike, pretty keen to find myself a 300 at some point, cheap rego and 2smoke :)

[video=youtube;WtUj3br21_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtUj3br21_E[/video]

[video=youtube;nTLnkJMXXGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTLnkJMXXGI[/video]

Ktms aren't a bad bike, my cousin races the 250sx and doing pretty good on them.
But I have a friend that had a 07-09 KTM 125sx that blew up constantly and he sold it after fixing it the 3rd time and the it blew up again with the new owner.
So i guess There's good bikes and there's duds with any bike. But I haven't seen many kawasakis or Hondas snap in half. The one I have seen was a 250f frame with a mod kx500 engine.
I wouldn't mind a 2011-2014 125sx or 250sx but can't afford them lol, got a 2013 kx250f for 4k less brand new
Honda made good 2 strokes have a look for one of them

Are there any major upgrade years for any of the 125 2t bikes? (Eg yz125 got a aluminium frame in 05)

I know several people who would argue that point till they were blue in the face, and that was when they were new. They are now 9 years old and most of em have been molested and flogged within an inch of their lives.

itll be fun just expect a full rebuild if the bikes cheap..

grab an RM 125. i saw a 05 model on ebay a while ago for 2000 buy it now. just been reco'd with 2 hrs on it. that would be much more reliable and easier/cheaper to get parts for. plus my mate has one and its pretty nice.

depends on what your looking for. an rm u could get if u looked around for a while. a yz, you'd be looking moire around 2500+ and a haonda im not really sure on. but i dont think u'd be able to get a KTM 2t for 2000

i have seen a couple locally for sale, both were complete, registered, and ridable for under $1000

Latest posts

Back