KTM

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they were just a Dual Purpose bike, on or off road.
not really suited to Enduro, just a fun bike to ride.
they are quiet, powerful 2 stroke (33hp @ 8500) and go well for their size
they were the predecessor to the WR series bikes

wow 33 hp aint too shabby ;) the farmers that work on my property have one they use around the place. i always try and race em on my atomik, but that only leads to embarrassment, ha ha.

the DT200 did the standing 1/4 mile in 14.7 seconds , the GTHO phase 3 did it in 15.4 seconds

Wow thats pretty impressive, no wonder i never win. Oh well, my new bike should teach em a lesson ;)

Would you say $2k for a 2005 rm125 is a fair price?
depends on the rattle when running, when last bottom end rebuild (top end means crap thats cheap maintenance) also what size is the barrel on? re-sleeving is around $400
also do get a 125, i will race you at franga one day on my 94 rm 125

How much does a bottom end rebuild cost for a rm125?
200 for the parts, incl conrod (depends on machinist maybe $70?)
+gaskets and then replace the crank bearings and gearbox bearings while your at it along with crankseals and all other seals it ads up
you always want to replace the conrod and not just the bearing

A guy i know is selling me a 02 rm 125 for 1.5k, the only problem with it is that the bottom end bearing is gone. How much will this cost to fix?

A guy i know is selling me a 02 rm 125 for 1.5k, the only problem with it is that the bottom end bearing is gone. How much will this cost to fix?
200 for the parts, incl conrod (depends on machinist maybe $70?)
+ the gaskets and oils seals..
1.5 is nothing for a 02.. ill be selling my 94 for around 1.5 when im done with it..
bottom end bearing he means the bottom end bearing (where the con rod is connected)
also i would be replacing all bearings as you go..
dont buy it unless you see the head and made sure there is no damage or cylinder damage too... a new head will require you buy another motor or a overpriced replacement
btw i watch gumtree too :p saw that bike

How much will parts and labor cost at suzuki raceways for just the bottom end? The top end seems simple enough to do myself.

How much will parts and labor cost at suzuki raceways for just the bottom end? The top end seems simple enough to do myself.
bottom end will be easier with less problems than your pitbike one you did...

So if i buy it and just order the $400 full rebuild kit and put it in what else could go wrong? Should be all good since everything is new right?

Latest posts

Back