Lifan 125 pit bike questions?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayTech

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. Thought I could get some answers here. I bought a pit bike. Not sure exact model or year, was told it was a lifan. I'll try to post a picture of this as well. Where do I find parts? Is there a type a honda parts that fit it? Like crf80 parts? I'd like to put a makuni carb on it. The guy strengthened rear end for 245 lb rider and I'm 150 on a good day. So the rear sets real high when I ride it. It doesn't have engine cradle so I'm worried about the pegs being bolted to the motor, can I just but a cradle and put in it? If anyone could identify the bike it'd be great. Thanks!

2extzbd.jpg

cant tell you the exact brand, but its a crf 50 copy, and almost all crf 50 gear will fit it. what rating is the spring on the rear shock? you could try winding some preload off the spring, replace the spring with a softer one or go all out and buy and new shock that suits your weight. you can buy cradle kits from a lot of online sellers and ebay will certaintly have what you need, or you could ring dhz or classichonda50s who are site sponsors and would get you sorted in no time.

welcome to Miniriders,

Lifan is the Chinese brand/manufacturer of the engine

there are so many different pit bike importers/retailer around the world,
a lot come from the same factory in china, and the dealers/retailers put their own sticker kits onto the bikes.

TBoltUSA sells the Cradle kits, they are a bit closer to you, in Pensylvania
Pit Bike Chassis Parts - Cradle Mount Adapters - TBolt USA, LLC

while you are here, have a look at our Introduce Yourself thread and say hello too-
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

cheers, craig

cant tell you the exact brand, but its a crf 50 copy, and almost all crf 50 gear will fit it. what rating is the spring on the rear shock? you could try winding some preload off the spring, replace the spring with a softer one or go all out and buy and new shock that suits your weight. you can buy cradle kits from a lot of online sellers and ebay will certaintly have what you need, or you could ring dhz or classichonda50s who are site sponsors and would get you sorted in no time.

Awesome! Thanks for the help guys, knowing it's a crf50 copy that will help allot. Out of curiosity, the tail isn't bent but noticed it's made like that, I've never seen this. Has anyone else? Also sorry I didn't notice I put pen as my state, I'm from Oklahoma. Even parts from motor I could get from crf50? Not like internals. But carb? Also on the shock, can't I just losen the but on the shock to make it softer?

Last edited:
yeah the plastics seat and tank are all CRF50 copys, made in china.

the 125's run good with a Mikuni 22/26mm china copy carby.
but are a little tricky to adjust the mixture screw as they are underneath.
Mikuni Carburetor 22mm 26mm Pit Bike 110cc 125cc 140cc 150cc | eBay

the rear of the frame has been bent up a little bit on your bike, but the previous owner may have come off the bike doing a wheelie etc
the steel tubing bends reasonably easy.
if you undo the 2x bolts that hold the back of the seat to the frame, and the shrouds off the fuel tank
the seat and rear fender will come of easily and you can check out the rear subframe extension a bit better
even if you put a bit of weight onto it you may be able to bend it back down a bit?

here is another link to pitbike parts close to you on ebay
pit bike | eBay

yeah you might get away with loosening the preload on the rear shock spring.
undo the big nut/s holding the spring to the shock body (usually at the upper end of the shock) and loosen off the tension, then do the nut/s up firm again to see it it helps...
might need a full turn or so, so it will suit you, you want it to sag about 40mm or so when you sit on the bike.

Latest posts

Back