Lifan 150 bore kits

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick150

Reaction score
Hey I got a lifan 150cc daytona style and I was wondering what bore kits would fit.

thanks

I don't think you can bore a 150 any more. Even if you could it would be a waste of money and you wouldn't get a huge difference. You are better off selling your chinese bike and buying a motovert. They have better quality parts and the engine has more power than chinese bikes.

I don't think you can bore a 150 any more. Even if you could it would be a waste of money and you wouldn't get a huge difference. You are better off selling your chinese bike and buying a motovert. They have better quality parts and the engine has more power than chinese bikes.

You could at least make it less obvious that you are sponsored by or sell motoverts... Motovert is chinese too. There arent any stock motors that would be better than the Lifan 150 so i doubt motoverts are "more powerful".

You won't have to bore the Lifan to get good power. Just get a cam or a high compression piston (I think you can get them from Akunar). Even a new carby or some head work would provide some good power gains.

I have a motovert pro 08 with a lifan 150 in it. Is there any other good pitbike engines like a 170

Capacity is not a big factor for increasing the power of these engines... A BBK won't provide as good gains as a nice pipe or cam or carbie or whatever... No there are no engines like that. At the moment the GPX160 is the largest capapcity motor, and we all know how unreliable that is... the lifan 150 is a great motor and doesn't need BBKs to be even better

Hi. Nick-I have a 150 Daytona that I will be running at Willowbank Raceway on 25/4 (Drags). It is stock and it will be interesting to see how it compares with my GPX150 Bike that runs 17.7 at 115kph. Check out my thread--- Mini Motard Drag Bikes in Mini Chat--

i agree with poulsen8or... cams pipe piston carb(in that order) is better value for money than any bbk kit. and the remark on the fishing wanktard... unless mr fish will do me a good(read FREEBIE!))deal on a motovert, he can keep his remarks to himself regarding motoverts...

not that i have anything against them, but i do have something against blatant attempts at advertising...it wont work...they arent going to give you better service for mentioning them:p and yes, theyre chinese:rolleyes:

i got told to upgrade exhaust, carby, coil, valve springs straight away for these engines and then work your way afta those are done,

You sir are a tool.

Enough said...

there's currently no big bore kits available for the lifan 150.trail bikes cam and a decent 28mm carb and these motors rip..

i can say from exxperience, the cams alone make a big difference. well, you gotta do the valve springs at the same time..pitster pro? on ebay. who is DHZ anyway i found. just a diff ebay shop

coil i cant comment on, but cdi i can, the "race" modules are a bit of a waste, dont notice any difference between the stock, the new "race" one, or the posties...BUT!!!it has a lil LED that flashes when its idling:p if you mean "irk", welll...i cant go that way, i need the lighting/charge coils...

pipe? i just changed it cause it sounds better... and doesnt have a 1/2 inch outlet like the stocker... most standard pipes would "breathe" well enough though. so...my amended list is cams, then carby:) and lil things like air filter as well

but cdi i can, the "race" modules are a bit of a waste, dont notice any difference between the stock, the new "race" one, or the posties...BUT!!!it has a lil LED that flashes when its idling:p if you mean "irk", welll...i cant go that way, i need the lighting/charge coils...

I just want to reinforce that i wouldn't change any of the electricals on the Lifan 150 either. Not that i know exactly but most people here and on PM rave about how good the stock ignition is as it is adjustable, has different maps and the stock outer rotor is quite light yet still reliable.

i got told to upgrade exhaust, carby, coil, valve springs straight away for these engines and then work your way afta those are done,
where do u buy these things and cam's? How u know it fits?:confused::confused:

why bother putting that $3000 kit on a lifan when the bottom end will be shit!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back