lifan transplant into postie bike ct110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run in K's done and now time for a bit more tinkering, new red alloy bars arrived yeaterday and are fitted, old ones bent making riding feel a bit lop sided. New performance exhaust arrived as well and I will start fitting it today after work, performance getting better and better as more k's go on the clock, motor was obviously very tight from new. Bit disapointed as clutch slip started after about 100 k's and this was tracked down to incorrest adjustment of the push rod ex factory, changed the oil to a high grade multi and ride it to work every day. I had been riding my 50cc yamaha scooter but too slow for Darwin trafic so it has gone to a new owner. Postie does 90k's easily so great in traffic, will be better with new carb and exhaust. Will update as changes occur, still recomment this option if your old 110 honda is getting tired, we were in Vietnam over christmas and every second honda of any age had one of these motors as well as industrial use so I figured it was a reasonable way to go, keep the breeze in your face, deekay

"I remember when motorbikes were dangerous and sex was safe."

your postie would be even better with the 140cc oil cooled, that would be hilarious. on the way to work drag of all the other postie that are trying to deliver letters.lmao

lol well done on the posti man was the old engin fhked? or do u still hav it or anythign? coz i hav a gokart with a posti engine in it and its pritty buggerd not fully sure wats wrong i just cant kick it it was workin 4 a wile then one day i just got this backfire and it stalld then never got it goin agan.. lol anyway if u still got it mite hav sum parts i can use ^_^.... ps:nice sig thumpy sum mad fella must of made it ^_^

some update pics, exhaust is on and loud, had to add a couple of stainless steel scourer pads to shut it up a bit, not too much though

Attachments

• IMGP3846.JPG
    IMGP3846.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 300
  • IMGP3847.JPG
    IMGP3847.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMGP3848.JPG
    IMGP3848.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMGP3849.JPG
    IMGP3849.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMGP3850.JPG
    IMGP3850.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 259
I managed to reuse the original mounting bolt that goes on top of the battery cover, made a p clip out of 1.6mm stainless steel and bought a longer bolt to get the right position with the addition of a longer spacer, back clamp a slack effort as it just goes around the carrier but firm and no rattles, added a bit of performance to the little girl, yes I seriously considered the larger oil cooled engine when I did the conversion but the braking capacity of the postie is not that flash but who can tell, if this motor doesn't last it will be the biggest possible next time and already no other posties can get close to me. sorry scribbles I gave away the old motor gearbox when I started but nothing much was any good anyway, she had done the postie run from Brisbane to Darwin so was tired when I pulled it out, thanks for all the supportive comments I love to tinker and as a trade teacher I love to pass on information, deekay, keep the wind in your face

Attachments

• IMGP3851.JPG
    IMGP3851.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMGP3852.JPG
    IMGP3852.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 174
some update pics, exhaust is on and loud, had to add a couple of stainless steel scourer pads to shut it up a bit, not too much though

could u get a video of it at all would love to see how it sounds and goes. monos down the road mmmm. im taking my pit bike into work tomorrow to have a thrash before motor swap mabye i should drag the posty when he comes past.

Sorry, I do not own a video or I would do it, I am an old fart and am barely up to posting pics. Do these 140 outlaw motors go that much harder? I have no experience with them, den

last post, appropriate given how close ANZAC day is. Last night 25mm Mikuni went on, accelerator cable had to be lengthened as slide is so much longer so stroke is also longer. Top plastic cover is now about 50% on the carb side to accomodate carb, sock aircleaner and higher carb. Old heavy an restricted aircleaner has hit the parts bin and she started first kick no choke. Man does it go now, cuts out on rev limiter at 95 kph in top and gets there quickly, must be the fastest postie in Darwin. I used the old carb bowl and carved off the 2 in 1 out fuel tap so I still had reserve filter and sediment bowl, shaped the integrated fuel supply on the bowl into a round shape so hose to carb went straight on. Sweet. Enough for now, next mods cosmetic so don't belong here but revolve around a smaller lighter carrier, some Harley styled saddle bags some fork work and general sorting, handling pretty much sorted can easily scrape pegs and corners like on rails, Michelin tyres both ends. If you have any questions in the future I will check this post periodically, keep the wind in your face, den.

Sorry, I do not own a video or I would do it, I am an old fart and am barely up to posting pics. Do these 140 outlaw motors go that much harder? I have no experience with them, den

i dont know how much harder they go as of yet few more week till i have mine. gona start pulling out my motor next week and have $400 more to pay off then the beast is mine. :D

??? 110 Master ???

G'day, I've just been reading your episode on your postie, thats really awesome hey :) I've just purchased a 110cc for my 7 year old as an upgrade & a mate from work told me to get an old Honda Postie gear lever, the double ended ones, to make his progression to geared bikes easier. Now, you have obviously tried everything & a little bit more on your postie, do you know if the Honda Postie Gear lever fits onto the 110cc Lifan??? & just out of curiousity, do you think it would be easier for a learner to operate this type of lever, I mean it's not like he'll be doing arials any time soon, lol ;)
Wayno, Albury...

g'day, i'm about to embark on a little transplant of my own so it's good to see that you guys have got some tips for me. i've got a slightly different starting machine in the form of a C90 which was the road (vs trail hence the T in CT90/110) going version sold mostly in asia. it's getting the full house 140 with oil cooler. flatslide 26mm mikuni and big bore exhaust. considering that it only has 3 gears at the moment it'll be a massive improvement. it's getting the full chrome treatment so hopefully it will look pretty good to boot. only thing is that the wiring is 6v so i'm looking to run with the solution on dratv.com for keeping the 6v lights and battery. engine is in the garage waiting so i'll keep you posted on how it goes. it'll be a pretty unique machine when finished if i have my way with it! keep up the good work. i may be in touch for some tips!

more info on the club car man!! elfin!?? great write up mate! certainly inspired others to take a similar route ;)

deekay hows your lifan powered postie goin?Still goin hard in the heat I hope.
I have done a similar thing but I put an oil cooled 140 lifan into my postie.Its not exactly a standard postie as it has had pretty major suspension changes done to it.

I am also in the process of fitting another lifan engine into my wifes postie but this time a 125cc.Should be pretty good once its finished.I'll post some photos of the bikes once they are buttoned up and ready to rock.

Last but not least there really isnt any point boring out the postie motors or hottin' them up to much as the gearboxs let go pretty quick and i kinda have been finding out the hard way as I have killed 5 of them and thats why i have switched to the lifan engines.

Gudday. Started reading this post a few days ago. Got a Lifan 125cc and racing mikumi carb and stator kit in the post. Should be arriving next week. My question is how does this modification affect vehicle registration with Victoria Roads ( I am in Melb ). Do they not care or do I need to get this engineered. I am new to Australia so I am not quite up to speed on how the process works here. I will be making up an adapter bracket for the 125 so the crash bars will bolt right up and the motor will drop straight in. If anyone is interested I will make up more than one bracket. Just let me know.

Cheers :)

Last but not least there really isnt any point boring out the postie motors or hottin' them up to much as the gearboxs let go pretty quick and i kinda have been finding out the hard way as I have killed 5 of them and thats why i have switched to the lifan engines.

It's amazing how heaps of people somehow think every Honda tranny is stronger ..... What they DON'T realise is that it's TORQUE that busts things .... You can't bore and stroke a motor to put out twice the power of a stocker .... then go pounding the tranny as if it has gears and selectors etc that are made of kryptonite .......

A 9" Ford diff is strong in a street car with street tyres but put one in a drag chassis with slicks and they break like they're made of brittle plastic ......

Latest posts

Back