melbourne riding areas!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajaay

Reaction score
hey guys me and a mate are all ways keen to go for a ride, only problem is we dont have anywhere to go :(

we have only just got into the sport and cant find anywhere to ride our bikes
( i have had my mini for a year or two now and ridden it once, even then i shredded my gear shifter so was stuck in 3rd all day)

We just want any place that we can ride our bikes in peace without worrying about rangers, police or whos property were on.

if anyone knows and quiet places that people are allowed to ride or someone who has land thats willing to let a few young blokes ride around on would be great, were not looking for mx tracks, just some bush trails and land, with maybe a few jumps and that sort of thing or private tracks

we wouldnt make a mess and would clean up after ourselves and wont leave anything behind

if anyone could help we would be awesome and we would be greatly appreciative:laughing-smiley-002 .

Broadmeadows Motocross Park - Melbourne's premier motocross facility
http://www.miniriders.com/riding-spots/37646-broadmeadows-mx-track.html
http://www.miniriders.com/miniriders-ride-days/37649-20-01-13-broadmeadows-mx.html
3 tracks you can ride on, they need work and pitbike tracks pretty boring.
expert tracks good

Frankston Motocross Track - Seaford, VIC - Race Track | Facebook
alright track pitbike track looks pretty flat. big bike tracks good. sand track.

Home - Nunawading & District Motorcross Club
very strict track on bike condition. make sure everythings tight and working 100% that includes spokes, throttle, bar ends, peg springs, brakes, gear shifters, bearings
decent sized double jumps, supercross whoops, 20 riding sessions minutes 20 minutes off on saturday. 10 minutes riding sessions per 20 minutes sunday.
Bacchus Marsh Speedway & Motocross, Parwan VIC 3340 - Racing - TrueLocal
http://www.facebook.com/bacchusmarshswmx?fref=ts
pretty flat track that hasn't had maintenance in a while.

im going broadmeadows with a friend on sunday

Last edited:
You going to Broady? Hmm I might come, to Braody that is

Broadmeadows Motocross Park - Melbourne's premier motocross facility
http://www.miniriders.com/riding-spots/37646-broadmeadows-mx-track.html
http://www.miniriders.com/miniriders-ride-days/37649-20-01-13-broadmeadows-mx.html
3 tracks you can ride on, they need work and pitbike tracks pretty boring.
expert tracks good

Frankston Motocross Track - Seaford, VIC - Race Track | Facebook
alright track pitbike track looks pretty flat. big bike tracks good. sand track.

Home - Nunawading & District Motorcross Club
very strict track on bike condition. make sure everythings tight and working 100% that includes spokes, throttle, bar ends, peg springs, brakes, gear shifters, bearings
decent sized double jumps, supercross whoops, 20 riding sessions minutes 20 minutes off on saturday. 10 minutes riding sessions per 20 minutes sunday.
Bacchus Marsh Speedway & Motocross, Parwan VIC 3340 - Racing - TrueLocal
http://www.facebook.com/bacchusmarshswmx?fref=ts
pretty flat track that hasn't had maintenance in a while.

im going broadmeadows with a friend on sunday

Not looking for mx tracks mate thanks anyway
were just looking for some land and bush trailsor private tracks we can ride in peace

Dont worry mx tracks are a rip off anyway, best to save all your money you would of spent on going mx track's and ride a forest and use the money you saved, for when or should i say IF the cops hit you with a $1000+ fine lol seriously though the amount of pitbikes i see riding the dam streets every week with out getting caught is a joke, i say just hit up a forest find one yourself rather than going to a hotspot everyone goes to example Thomastown old golf course behind broady mx track ;) and you should be fine as i no plenty of trail/forest riders who ride legally/illegally and have never seen a copper.

yeah i know mate but the fact you could be hit with a $1000 + fine if rangers catch you
thats a rather large amount when your my age, just have my doubts

yeah i know mate but the fact you could be hit with a $1000 + fine if rangers catch you
thats a rather large amount when your my age, just have my doubts

Just pin it. I got caught at laverton MX(Abondoned track that is illegal to ride) And coppers with KTM 350's came. If they come in cars just pin the throttle and leave.

what was the charge/fine?
if i get caught i also wouldnt get my license til i am like 19 and i dont want to risk that
and im more so talkin bout rangers in state forrest and ****

ktm 250s interesting, When my mate got done they were on yamaha 450's he was on yz125 i think he got hit with a $1000 fine and then another bike hoon was around so they had to go after him but told my mate we usually cut ya chain or pop your tire because most people just ride off.. Dont even think about giving fake name and address they get your details up on the spot..

Just go to a proper track. Riding illegally gives us all a bad name.

for the last time, I dont want to go to a track nor do i want to ride illegally, i want a nice legal place i can ride without any stress from police, rangers etc..

The coppers up in Brisbane used to have yzf450s, then Suzuki RMs and went to KTM. I have a couple of mates in QPol and the guys on these bikes can ride, so if you can outrun them good luck.

In Melbourne I've taken the kids to a few places. In Hallam there are a couple of spots, also we have gone to Police Paddocks, I'm not sure if you can ride there but it's only the kids on the quads and don't tear up the place and are reasonably quiet.

I did an intensive google search a few weeks back as I'd like to get back into it but looks like ill be buying a 250 and rec rego it as I've already been fined a few years back for un-compliant vehicle and about 4 other fines with it...

Ok enough of this.

Miniriders does not endorse illegal riding. The fines are closer to $1500 as well (no license, no registration and they will get you with unroadworthy bike while they are at it).

It gives us all a bad name. I don't want to hear another word of illegal riding or the thread is gone.

for the last time i would like to emphasize, i dont want to ride illegally!
nice legal or abandoned area would be nice :)

Ajaay, your optiona are limited mate, there was a place to ride in phillip island but recently it was closed so unless you want to ride at a track your only option is to get full reg, rec reg isnt worth much withing vic anymore you might aswell get the bike fully registered and then you are totally covered, as for kids, the kids track at frankston would be a good start

That's no good, yes that's an option but what's the deal with rec edging China minis etc..
If it was that easy wouldn't be a problem, but to rec reg I have to get my motorcycle Learner permit/ license among the various other hassles you need to go through to rec reg a bike, its not that easy especially at this age, if someone owned some land they wouldn't mind us riding on that would be perfect til I turn 18 and get my learners and rec reg

Anyone know if you can rec reg minis ?

yes there are some mini's rec reg'd that i have seen.

If you can find a land owner, i reckon there would be 50 bikes there within an hour.

Go to Frankston, it really is super easy. I promise I won't roost you

Nice will check it out

Hahaha worth a shot ay keen as if here is you never know if someone on here has some

Dw Im a quick learner ;)

Just pin it. I got caught at laverton MX(Abondoned track that is illegal to ride) And coppers with KTM 350's came. If they come in cars just pin the throttle and leave.

350's really? haaha weak what if you had of been on ktm 300's or 500's they woulda had no chance

Latest posts

Back