Metal dust in engine oil after only 30 mins

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eben

Reaction score
I have a Hummer G4 250 4T that I bought second hand about a month ago, stripped down completely and re-did everything... Got it running this weekend with brand new 20W50 castrol in it, rode it for 30 minutes and decided to change the oil to see what its like.

The oil was already dirty, and when held in sunlight I could see a fine gleam, like metal dust suspended in the oil, it wasn't attracted to a magnet and it didn't sink either, it was still floating the next day, I couldn't even feel it between my fingers.

The thing is I know a new chinese motor would probably have a longer run in than a jap, and as far as i know the bike has about 200km on it, more or less... I'm also pretty sure the previous owner never changed the oil for that time, and probably didn't know to ride gentle on run in.

I tried taking a photo but you can't really see the metal dust, only that the oil is pretty grey after only 30 minutes. Checked the screen and found some gunk in there but no metal...

My question is, is the bike still running in normally, or is it chewing itself up????

more than likely just the rings seating or a bit of clutch fileing

if it gets worse then investergate

Thats what I was thinking too, thanks bro.

Thats all it would be for sure dont stress to much ive had the same problem before

Latest posts

Back