Mid-Size bikes are HOT!!! Why?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHAHA of course they did!!....to sell even more Midsized bikes!!...its all advertisement!!:mad: ..."being surprised and all"...blablabla!!
My 2cents....they are way overrated.....fiddies WILL come back..back to the roots, you know:p :p

I think its the natural progression from the ' kiddies sized bikes' that 50's we're origonally designed as, to a more comfortable size for your average sized adult.

As more and more people get involved in the sport, the comfort and ridability of the midsize bike will be more popular.

Minis may be fine if you came from a mini background, and never graduated to a big bike. But for someone from a MX background, riding a mini size is like trying to 'shag in a phone box'.

i reckon a lot of people go for the midsize is coz its just taht extra bit bigger than a normal sized pitty while your stillg ot a feel of a pitty your also getting some aspects of a bigger bike it all comes downt o self preference i have a midsize and find its ausume

its really a personal preference becuz stunters like 50s but bigger guys like midsize....

Give me a 10" combo any day , stuff this mid size shit im trying to make my mini smaller. Mid size bikes are fine for people that don't ride big bikes but I find if you own a big bike you want a small mini bike. No point having a midsize that's only a few cm's of the seat height of your big bike.
Though a mid size would be heaps better to thrash around full size tracks than a 50 and better to hit the forest tracks on but have fun trying to ride a midsize on tech bmx trails. At the end of the day it all comes down to what the rider need's and basic preference. I would love a crf150f to hit big tracks up.
Gime both

Give me a 10" combo any day , stuff this mid size shit im trying to make my mini smaller. ....I would love a crf150f to hit big tracks up.
Gime both

Hey Unit...Iam so on your page ,Dude!!:D

I bet you guys like to shag in phone boxes too :p

I'm a 6foot2 viking the midsize is just more ridable for me ....my legs don't hit the bars .... but as many have said 50's are fun and the only choice for stunting which is why I won't be happy till I got both .... I got a mso pro as well as the SR but want a twin ten set up as well.

Different horses for different courses Ireckon

yeah- i agree on the 10" combo thing! but also- if your gonna spend 5 grand on a bike that is too small for you, you can spend 1000 on a midsize that you can ride around and not worry about beakin anything

i got a midsize 110 3V

hey y'all
a got a 110cc 3valve machine but im chasing a 140 or 150cc engine for the bastard. i also heard that some guys in the states do a 194cc donk based on the KLX110 motor, does anyone know anything about this?

PS is anyone getting rid of a 140 or 150cc race spec motor?

well i have a big bike and a midsize and i wouldn't go any smaller than 12" and a 14" i think they are a great size and 50's are just to small but thats my opinion a 50 wold just get snapped in half where i ride

well everybodys different. im six foot tall and sick of my mini. its just to small.
im goin to buy a midsize pitbike soon.(dhz) coz a bit higher than a mini still fun and it can be fun in all areas.
thats my opinoin

well i have a big bike and a midsize and i wouldn't go any smaller than 12" and a 14" i think they are a great size and 50's are just to small but thats my opinion a 50 wold just get snapped in half where i ride
I'm in your category. A 10+10" setup on a mini would be cool for some places, but no where that I can ride.

Great thread. I agree with earlier remarks like "horses for courses", and "shagging in phone boxes".

My big bike is a KX450F. I'm not a big fella at 5'9" and 73kg, but I find my MSO SR to be about as small as I would want. It feels and is way smaller/lower than my 450. I never get to ride BMX style tracks and mostly end up riding my SR in rough and/or semi large terrain. I love the way that on my SR i can lay it over early into corners and invite both wheels to slide into ruts or berms and get away with big errors by being so low to the ground. And it's so light that I can point it in nearly any direction at any time, using a mix of throttle, steering or just heaving it around. Well almost.

What catches me out are the small wheels - when in the air. On the 450 I can hit small sized jumps (20 to 40' with say 45 deg up/down slopes, and not have to think or care to much if my wheels are a bit out of line. But on the SR, even on measly 10' jumps if I take off ugly and come down a little nose first then I too often land (or crash) ugly. The little wheels have so little gyro effect that it catches me out too often. I often think I need 14+17" wheels on my SR, but then I just remind myself of the benefits of the small wheels and "horses for courses".

ive got a kx250,dhz 140 and im gunna sell the 140 and buy a klx110 based midsize bike and im also building a crf50,i find that a crf50 is good for mucking around in your backyard making a couple of small jumps and having ya mates around to have a bash...

but then again i like going out trail riding on the 12' and 14' setup so just buy both and have the best of both worlds :p

and after all you CAN NOT! beat a ride on a full size 250

yeah after racing big bikes, i find the midsize 140 to be closer riding style to my old 250..where the 50 size is a completly differnt style of riding.. personal preference again. But i feel more comfortabe on the 140.
And midsize 110 racing is huge in america atm, so i gather its only going to be passed on and get bigger here soon too.

Latest posts

Back