mid size??? hmm.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12599

Reaction score
Ok, soo most of you know I have a 250f and a mini (crf88) stocka, and am looking at getting a mid size, its a bit of a toss up between the 09 pitster pro x4r and a pit pro 150xr.
Now I don't really have the money for the x4r well I do just not that much to spend on a pitty, so im heading towards the 150xr as it will be MY first mid size iv had far bit of experiences on my mates ect.
soo yer get the 150xr witch I can get soon, and mess around on than get the x4r down the track, and ill have abit of money to spend on the 150xr
just a few question about the 150xr....
Im your average 16 yr old kid and yess do give my bikes abit of a flogging, the frames forks ect. should hold up for a while eh?
some web sight were you can get some sic klx style sticker kits? iv looked for a while yet can seam to find some of the once iv scene on peoples bikes.
now the 150xr im looking at comes with this motor, I havnt heard much or anything about them power, reliability, and performance parts.
large-lifan150-1.jpg

it says these thing can push out around the 16hp? what are some easy mods to get 20+ with out bottom end work, or even just a lil better than the normal 150.
startgate_150xr.jpg

the bike 1499 pritty good yer, and what other mods to make it a lil more strong fast reliable? pro tapers, grips, ect.
thanks for your help, thump*140 is homo, and better give me a nice lil write up :)

them motors look pritty sexy, it seams iv got it all worked out hahah, but yeh any advise on the questions above would be awesome

ill prob buy it for myself for Christmas, mums present will be just letting me have it, lolol

i got a pit pro 15o xr with the yx15o the klx head it a good bike it goes well just stock it lifts in 1st 2nd and just a lil in 3rd gear i love it good value ive had mine since the start of o8 and no major probs at all

Not many mods you can do to that engine , and i dont reckon you could get 16hp out of it with the mods you Can do.

But really , you dont neeeeeeed 16hp

yeah there not a bad engine, but as said above you are limited with upgrades....about the only internal upgrades are cam, hi comp piston and stroker kits...

i would be going for a bike with a yx klx style engine.

the lifan 150 pulls about 15hp if anyone claims any more is kidding themselves i've rebuilt it once in 18months which is pretty good going for a china donk that gets hammered
the yx hits about the same but revs harder

the pitpro the suspension is junk (your honda would act better) the controls and bars are junk well bars are junk and levers uncomfortable i've seen the lemon swingarm fold pretty easy

the x4r is a pretty good bike but as you say price indicative

you'll enjoy the midsize if set up right and the bikes good enough it's like riding the big bike of course scaled down a bit

the lifan 150 pulls about 15hp if anyone claims any more is kidding themselves i've rebuilt it once in 18months which is pretty good going for a china donk that gets hammered
the yx hits about the same but revs harder

the pitpro the suspension is junk (your honda would act better) the controls and bars are junk well bars are junk and levers uncomfortable i've seen the lemon swingarm fold pretty easy

the x4r is a pretty good bike but as you say price indicative

you'll enjoy the midsize if set up right and the bikes good enough it's like riding the big bike of course scaled down a bit

thanks, soo i spose after i spend the money on parts ect for the pitpro to come up to scratch or even close to a stock x4r i mose well have saved that bit more and got some i will enjoy like the x4r, hmmm

I want something I can flog the guts out of it, and give it some TLC at the end of the day and than ride it the next. if you know what i mean, and still looks attractive

yeah mate spot on there

some people get lucky and get a freak bike but you being a big bike rider and if your a capable one then you wont get the enjoyment you should out of the pitpro

were as the x4r is a fast and pretty capable bike and you wont be replacing parts after the first ride

i think ciniworx do a 160 midsize but it's got the weston forks and billet hubs so dearer than the x4r

I want something I can flog the guts out of it, and give it some TLC at the end of the day and than ride it the next. if you know what i mean, and still looks attractive

I like my bikes the same as my woman...... NOO only kidding lol,

yer i know what ya mean coolmodee01, being a big bike rider having my expectations high i should probably go with the x4r... theres no other pittys like the x4r but better than the pit pro???

the only other one is this

EXPERT MS MINI

but it's dearer i'd probably get a better price for ya but wont be as cheap as the pitster i mean billet hubs and bling bits all add up

does the yx 150 still come stock with IRK? if it does you'd want an ORK asap.

I've got a 140xr and I hate it, I flog it a bit and I always manage to break something halfway through the day, I regret buying it so much, for the $$ I've spent fixing and upgrading it to try to turn it into something reliable I could have got an x4r, So I've paid the price of an x4r and ended up with a slightly better 140xr lol,

all I need to replace is the frame, swinga and forks then there won't be a single stock pitpro part on it...... forks are coming very soon

put the price of the bike a bit out of wack dont ya think, im pretty sure he's trying to keep costs down

Latest posts

Back