Mini Motard-OFFICIAL THREAD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*WANTED* - !2/12 Rims To suit Motard

Hey Guyz,

im Looking for a set of 12/12 Rims, That Will fit A MotoVert Expert.
Need To be 15mm axles.

Regards Blair, Cheers

ANNNDD.. if anyone has any 12" rims (12mm axle) that are at least 2.00inch wide or 2.50, let me know! I'm interested.

Yeha, well a pitpro rear is 12" and seems about 2.75" inch wide at the back, so that's good. Just gotta find a front now!

hey Dreamah.I had a quick look over your Moto Vert today as it was being unloaded from a truck at the Clipsal 500,.!It looks mint not even run in yet !!
That was a bargain !....

I've come to the conclusion, I'm going to have to make up a set. rear is easy, just get another stock rim, disc and sprocket etc.

Front is the hard one. I'm going to get a rim off the rear, and then get the hub from the front and some spokes and make it up. It SHOULD work and if so, it will definitely fit the front. no issues with offsets etc.

can only get 1.85" wide though. I'm hoping to get a set of 2.5 and 2.75 custom made for me from a guy I know.

Wack it in the Mini Chat section mate somone will help out...

Also Anyone got any idea for Supermotard Pegs, As im guessing standard steel ect when hit bitchemen are just guna snap and not slide, so Bike is guna hit hard an brake shit... :(

steel would be the most ideal material, it has a nice ammount of give in it. also pretty strong. alloy would fare much worse

Yeah guys we are looking into this problem at the moment we think the rims we have in stock aren't wide enough to run motard tyres on them...
Cheers
Big Leigh

your going to need 12" and 12" to compete. you can go to thumpstar and ask for a set, but you'll pay more than what you paid for your bike for a set. Optimum size is 2.15 x 12" for the rear, and 1.85 x 12" for the front...

The cheapest way to go is use your standard rear (1.85 x 12") and buy another rear and mate your front hub to the rear rim. you'll prolly have to cut approx. 2mm off the spokes while your doing it.

.....and thats how you'll turn your bikey into a motard

check for local pocketbike clubs, they usually do motard racing aswell. usually at go-kart tracks...

hope this helps

Hey i live in Sydney and would like to start motard racing on ma thumpstar does any body no any places wer u dont get hassled but the cops and can just ride there. Any help much appreciated.:)

yeah they use to race every Tuesday night give these boyz a call and ask if it's still going Motocross madness 02 9600 6480

-atomik reign = $1200, just had a large price drop recently, yep its got the lifan oil cooled 120 "monster" engine....

Best pegs are anything really, alloy ones from atomik or stainless ones from city motorbikes (moto vert ones)

Best bet for the front rim is to buy a rear (1.85 x 12") and lace the rim to your front hub. If you do this be sure to note if your front hub has 28 or 32 spokes......

With the wider tyre on the front, you'll likely find that the original front was not centred between the forks and may rub against a leg. To fix this machine up some spacers for the axle of equal diameter, and space out the caliper.

Hope this helps.

ps- generally, no-one motards on unequal rim diameters....

Motard at Morwell - Gearing

Hey all,

Just wondering what gearing I'll need at Morwell this weekend on my new Pit Pro 125RR? I have 14/37 standard atm, will this be ok or should I go up a sprocket, two or three on the front?

cheers,

Proberly best to go up a tooth on the front for a bit more accel. but stock gearing would be fine too

Latest posts

Back