Mini motard tyres & wheels

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive seen them sitting in the front of the shop at big50 as well.

were you riding on wed dodge? or starting to get into it?

where is Big50? I tried calling before, but got the answering machine.

I was just watching a friend on Wed.. we'll both be back the wed after next. He was on the black 160.

Hi Dodge
I have run innova slicks my feeling of them was that they dont stick as well as tt92's and after trialing them on 3 different bikes with 4 different riders their life span wasnt as good either. The up side of them is that they dont cost as much, so for a cheep alterative they are ok. The consensus of opinion was that they are better than the kenda china tyres for grip but not as good as tt92's. I personaly found that the rear was always the one to let go(was always very progresive and predictable), but other riders found the front was first.

Tina

yeah sweet, he was getting faster and faster as the night went on. that bike looks like its strait from hell with no gards and stuff.v still looks abit 'hoppy' for motard setup. but once the pogo stick effect rear is better and better tires, we'll see him go even faster.

big50 is in beaconsfield payne road. it looks like a house so dont be confused if you go. think its number 50 or so. its strait ahead on a corner.

yep it's critical to get the bike dialed in right, even more important than chasing big power. Its easyer to be quick with a well dialed bike that doesnt have big power than a powerfull bike that doesnt like corners.
If your down on power just commit to corners at an extreem speed and carry the corner speed. If your down on mid corner stability nothing you can do but back off so all the power in the world wont help.
Like drag racers say you have to get it to the ground

i might startup a thread or highjack an older one with regard to the different 12' motard tires out there.
some people on here have used a nummber of tires so it would be good to get all of the reviews, trials, where to get them, everything all in the one thread.

ill set that up tonight i think

yep it's critical to get the bike dialed in right, even more important than chasing big power. Its easyer to be quick with a well dialed bike that doesnt have big power than a powerfull bike that doesnt like corners.
If your down on power just commit to corners at an extreem speed and carry the corner speed. If your down on mid corner stability nothing you can do but back off so all the power in the world wont help.
Like drag racers say you have to get it to the ground

I have to agree with this. At Dandy on Wednesday there was a guy on a brand new Pitpro witha 200 kit on 155z and man.. It was quick and would lift in 3rd easily, I was on gnrman's old 125 motovert and was noticably slower in a straight line but quicker round the corners, resulting in a faster lap time.
Ride it like a 125gp bike, massive corner speeds, rather than like a superbike of point n shoot.
AAnyone can go fast in straight line on a motard, the fast guys can corner and change direction fast and stay in control. (Something I'm working on)

With tyres though, I think confidence in your own mind is crucial, as I had my first ride on Vee Rubber slicks and had no confidence at all, but pressures were up the ****. I was slow to begin with, but once the edge of grip was found, it was nowhere near the grip of what I was used to on my TT's, but will test them again on Sunday with the correct pressures on Sunday at South Morang. Anyone know when you can & can't ride at South Morang?

yeah you were going hard on wed with tires on 30psi.

you'll have more confidence in the vee's at morang.

the bikes can go when ever you want at morang. the only thing is higher karts get priority on the track as they are the one's paying the top dollar.
in saying that they are only on the track for 15min intervals so you go on inbetwen.

they separte hire karts on track, privateer go-karts and all bikes. so theres three sessions in a track cycle.

Barnesd...
At Dandy on Wednesday there was a guy on a brand new Pitpro witha 200 kit on 155z and man.. It was quick and would lift in 3rd easily, I was on gnrman's old 125 motovert and was noticably slower in a straight line but quicker round the corners, resulting in a faster lap time.
This is why I sugest to anyone starting out that they stick to a stock motor to begin with and work on dialing the bike and their ride style, this will eventualy lead to being faster.

Barnesd...

This is why I sugest to anyone starting out that they stick to a stock motor to begin with and work on dialing the bike and their ride style, this will eventualy lead to being faster.

right on the money there...

I ended up getting a set of pilot sports from Epping. The people there are super frendly and helpful. Looking fwd to getting them on the bike tomorrow.

I got 12s. Had to get the boys at Braaap to fit them for me. I noticed when putting the wheels back on the bike over the weekend that the put the front tyre on the rim backwards!! Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow hehehe

same here, looks like thunderstorms in the morning so hopwfully they wont make it into the night. ill have to check out the new kickers on your bike.

I don't think Danny will let us ride if its raining. Last time it was threatening to rain, asked 'What if it starts to rain?' and he said that they pack up and go home.
Dandy isn't a place I'd be thrilled to go riding in the wet, it could turn ugly pretty quick if you hit the deck and hit the barriers.
But everyone can sing " Rain, Rain, Go away, Come again another Day"

Latest posts

Back