Mini-quad 50cc 2 stroke to 110cc Lifan!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update time!

So I received the frame back from the powdercoaters nearly 2 months ago and I eventually got round to doing a bit on it:

IMG_8504.jpg

Only started taking photos along the way as I was into it again, I found the love and didn't pick up my phone while I was going. Went for a dark green with charcoal wheels. Front end built up with every bearing and tie rod renewed.

IMG_8505.jpg

All stainless fittings too.

IMG_8506.jpg

Didn't get new tyres as these have lotsa life left and they'll probably wear quickly anyway

IMG_8507.jpg

Fitted up my handle bars that match my wheels, same powdercoated charcoal colour and the anodised black risers

IMG_8508.jpg

Can see the colours better in this pic. Cn also see the extra tig welds I put in for strength on the standard steering rack

IMG_8700.jpg

Then re-assembled the black enamelled rear axle with all new bearings and carriers, shot blasted the disk and mounted it too

IMG_8699.jpg

Might seem backwards but I wanted a black engine for this, so I stripped it apart fully to reuild with new centre gasket and check all the bearings which were happily like new

IMG_8696.jpg

Progress shot

IMG_8697.jpg

Actually a progress shot with a use - seal location!

IMG_8695.jpg

Head and barrel were like new which surprised me seeing as its had years of abuse, the Chinese should be proud haha

IMG_8731.jpg

No reassembly pics as that would be boring, but heres the article after all new gaskets were fitted, had to dry build the engine with grease as I parts washered everything so after it was together I could shotblast it

IMG_8732.jpg

Made sure every entry point for grit was fully sealed

IMG_8734.jpg

Black paint

IMG_8736.jpg

Final Coat

IMG_8737.jpg

Wrinkle finish coming up as I'd wanted.

Got lots left to do, working on it every Friday night and weekend. All engine bolts will be getting re-polished one by one, got the proper inlet manifold to put back on and the exhaust and foot rack which has some new st/st pegs.

More soon If anyones interested

Jordan

Welcome back,
It's looking good now with all the paint/powdercoating done

Progress

Got a little more done on the quad recently
fr_3442.jpg

Fitted my new air filter, a 40mm 45 degree unit
fr_3503.jpg

Another view
fr_3504.jpg

Love the look of it tbh haha
fr_3505.jpg

Stop start button fitted if I haven't shown you before
fr_3506.jpg

Light button fitted up also
fr_3507.jpg

Front bull-bar and lights fitted. Maybe change these...
fr_3508.jpg

Rear light with brake light fitted (a little dusty)
fr_3509.jpg

Need to actually wire this now. Keep putting it off

Jordan

It's certainly getting close on finished now, looking good.

How bright are your headlight's ?
I fitted some MR16 Led downlight globe's into the headlight's of my son's dune buggy, didn't take much to modify the housing/reflector's, and they are very bright at night now
Click on the Dune Buggy thread link in my signature to check it out

Cheer's, Craig

Last edited:
This thing should be stupid fast for somethiing so small and no suspension....... LOVE IT:clap:
Love the wrinkle paint, just did the covers on an engine for a z50 I'm building
IMG_2015081718956.jpg

Latest posts

Back