Minifighter Motard Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure as to where im going to ride it, im going to head down to Villawood one night a week...i guess i will need to find out if there are any other tarders in our area?

Hey all,

So...The guys at work were nice enough to drill out my forks for me, allowing the new rims and 15mm axle to fit. just need to organize some front axle spacers (19mm & 31mm if anyones got some) oh and i need someones help with front rotor bolts...do they have a shoulder on them of are they full thread?
apart from the guy fitting the tyres scratching my rim everything went pretty smooth although i prob could have went wider with the rear???

DSCF0576.jpg

i got more pics but photobucket wont play nice tonight :-S will keep trying.

Ok so i got a few more pics uploaded..
DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0578.jpg

I bought a slider kit from DHZ, but the front axle ( i think its the front?) has a stepped section and my axle is straight...any ideas as i really wanted to put sliders on the front also?
DSCF0581.jpg

Cheers also everyone for the feedback..

Wayne

there are two different slider kits you got the gpx, zochie type. you just need another rear one so to speek.
NEW MOTARD WHEEL FRONT/REAR 15MM AXLE SLIDE KIT - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 31-Jul-10 16:05:34 AEST)

Also alot of people cut the sliders down so they look cleaner and fit closer
'

Its funny you showed me that, cause im almost sure thats the pic i seen when i ordered them??

cool...so now i guess i need to find if someone has one..lol

and when you say cut...the plastic/rubber bit or the alloy spool bit?

ok sweet just wondering so yeah...
tell us how long they last on the track coz ive wanted a pair of em but a better deal came up! (BIG SHOUT OUT 2 DODGE FOR THAT AWSOME DEAL!)
thanks
james

Reactions: TyD
Soooo, i had a think and decided to "attempt" to make my own catch can.

I Didnt take step by step pics so ill explain what i did the best i can..

This morning i went to metal mates and got a 500mm length of 50x50x2mm out of there off cuts bin, and a couple of 1/8 plate off cuts.
I decided to remove my bash plate, so the bracket that holds the plate to the engine was used to house the can i was going to make.

I cut the 1/8 plate into 2 square pieces that fit tightly into the end of the RHS. Next i measured the required length and cut (95mm long)

I drilled a hole in the bottom centre of the bracket for the drain plug to come through, then sat the RHS into the bracket and marked where the drain hole was to go, then drilled it (8mm) and tapped it.

Once i had this hole i went about plating the ends up, i was concerened a little due to the fact i only have an arc welder, but from start to finish the welds were almost perfect.

I then sat the can into the bracket to work out how to fasten it there, and after seeing the four bolt holes left from the brackets original purpose, i decided to weld the can to the bracket through these holes.

ok, so a few pics...guys please keep in mind this is a wip and still have a bit to do before its functional, but as it sits im happy with it. Another this i was happy with was the finished weight, way lighter than i anticipated.

opinions would be great :)

Front on view

DSCF0589.jpg

Bottom view with 8mm in-hex drain plug (stainless)

DSCF0595.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

what i intend on doing is drilling 2 holes in the back on the right hand side (looking from front) and tapping to suit 1/8 and 1/4 barb fittings (1/8 for fuel overflow & 1/4 for crankcase breather) and on the opposite end drill and tap for 1/4 fitting to run a breather maybe under the seat or tank. once finished and functional i was thinking powdercoating it.

again....any opinions would be great :)

Wayne

Latest posts

Back