Miniriders Renovators

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the shed going?

Are you turning the carport into a shed?

Na car port is staying how it is for the time being, sheds going out the back. Nearly got it prepped for concrete just need to run power n water now!

Too dark to take a decent photo, but this was a couple of hours earlier.

We baught a "speccy" house, so was a basic house, brand new with basic fittings. We built a verandah for $7k, double insulated roof on it, and weird angles, took forever. Wouldn't use the same materials again though, and it would work out cheaper and better. Built the fence and she'd and that's about it. Keep saying I wanna move some walls around to change the layout a bit, but I think the money spent changing this place will cost more than it's worth.... Better off selling up and starting fresh. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laid some cable yesterday! ;) and some pipe...
Got sparky's n plumbers coming this weekend to tie it all up, going to miss Lytton this weekend though! :(

It's going to be fecking good to get some normality n tidiness back to the yard.

Last edited:
I just laid a cable before as well... Oh we are talking in your backyard. haha

Far out man enough trench's? Couldn't you hook off your existing water lines a bit closer?

Going to be a sweet shed when it's done. What style you going for?

Good thinking about extra tap near pegola. ;)

Yeah there's like 70 odd metres of 600mm deep trench! There's a tap right at my back door which is going to be my feed so I'm going to relocate that to the other side of the house for irrigation.

I put down, I mean the sparky put down all the 6mm for the shed yesterday, holly feck that's expensive! Running the 2.5 tomorrow for all the garden/fence lights.

The sheds just a centre gable type, 3m to the eaves 3.7 to the gable. Same colours as the fence. I'm going to run a tap of the outside corner of it and a laundry type basin in the back left. Saves the misses hitting the roof everytime I wash my dirty hands in her laundry one! :)

I bought an older 4 bed brick and tile house last year.. I knocked out a big wall to the backyard, 3.9m sliding door, out to a 30 sq/m merbou deck with roof, new carpet, new paint, tiled it all myself, put in a pretty big custom built kitchen, new fans, light fittings etc, air con, all garden in the backyard... All up Ive spent under $30K..
Just got 2 bathrooms to do now, and landscape the front yard...
Doing everything I can myself to save money, but mostly cause I wanted to see if i could do it...
Will try and post up some before and after pics when I get home..

Heres a few pics... they are pretty crappy as I used my iphone.. should get some decent photos once its all finished...

ba.jpg

Cheers... it was a massive score.. its all custom made, top quality board, soft close everything, lighting under the overheads... Cost us 7k done by my cousin, but would have been a 15k kitchen if it went through his work apparently.
Trying to get him to go out on his own cause he is massively talented, and full qualified, but only getting paid $700 a week... Worth way more than that I recon!

Wow Justin that kitchen is off tap (pardon the pun) haha.

Have to be stoked with the results. You have done real well for the cash you have spent.

Do you manicure the grass with a pair of scissors? lol. That's some of the nicest grace I have ever seen.

Only got a bit over 3 weeks till I move then I can start adding to the thread. :)

ha ha...i think its just the pic... grass isnt that good. Cordogs's looks better...
Cant wait to finish my deck... next few weeks im gonna sheet in the ceiling with downlights, a few fans, speakers, and if I can get it past the missus, a drop down projector screen so I can sit on the daybed and watch the AMA.. ha ha.. Yeah, im a bit of a dreamer.. But you goota have goals!!

For all the work done Ive called in favours, or contra'd off design work or just learnt to do it myself, with advice from friends.. I though I wouldnt even like it cause im lazy, and would rather have fun like riding, but its been real fun seeing it all change.. Definately worth it!

Hey, has anyone ever done their own rendering? Id love to do it, but know if you stuff it up i can look terrible..

Ahh man that sounds wicked!! Kicking back outside on a nice night, beer in hand watching AMA on the projector. Awesome. Nothing wrong with dreams mate. Chip away at them and you will get there eventually (or sneak it past the missus haha).

Yeah that's what I'm going to have to do. Got a few tradie mates but want to learn a lot myself. That's why I started the thread, so we can all share idea's and how to's on home reno and learn from each other. Just like Minibikes. :)

Mate had a crack at rendering. Didn't work out so well for him let's put it that way. lol. He ended up getting a pro. Got a few quotes and he got it done quite cheaply surprisingly. Good old weatherboard job for me so no rendering thank god. lol. Just constant painting. lol. Although I seen these new weatherboards that are like plastic and last forever. No fading or painting required.

You going to render the whole house I'm guessing? Would top it off. You roof tiles look in excellent condition so a nice rendered finish on the brick's would have the outside of the house complete IMO.

Did you get your roof tiles redone? Repointed/Grouted and painted? They look brand new. I need to do some repointing then was thinking about getting them blasted and painted. Got a mate that does them so should be able to do cheap.

Grass? What grass? I've got dirt! :)

Worst thing is I can't tell where the dogs have **** now! :hmmm:

Top effort Justin the place is looking great! Your kitchen came out top notch too, you find any more cheap ones you give me a call! :) unfortunately I'm a little while aways from a kitchen here. I'll be buying a 450 before I get a new kitchen lol.

Nothing too hard about rendering dude, I rendered my fence but I did get a mate to help float the 2nd coat off just because they're tall white walls that get the early morning side sunshine which is worse than fluro's for casting shadows from imperfections! But in saying all of that if your not handy with a trowel, I would think twice about taking on a job that size by yourself. Maybe just try the back off the house first. From memory a box of externals was about $80. Your going to need a good drill too! Not your run of the mill Ozito either! (Nick!) :)
Mixing up masonry render slaughters cheap drills so you might look at hireing one or borrowing a friends who has a decent one. Their are plenty of how too vids on YouTube, not sure on how indepth they are but worth a look if you don't have some one to show you. So say you're going to render around your back window. You'll need to cut the external to the length of the brick pillar (obviously) but then 45 the ends to a point and do this for every angle one the window and sil. You can see an example of this on my previous picks. Now they don't have to marry perfect, but they've got to be close. Also remember that because your using the mud to stick them on the lengths will need to be slightly longer.

Mix up some mud, just a small amount and trowel some out onto a hawk or aquivelent. (Top Tip) :)>> grab an old tile the bigger the better like 600x600 is perfect! Sit the tile over the bucket your scooping out of n blob the render in the middle, then take off sections with your trowel, the aim is to try and get trowel length swipes but only about 25mm fat all the way along one edge of the trowel. Then start from one end of your external and slowly glide the trowel along the inside edge of your exy starting from the bottom of the trowel. Once the exy has got a nice bead of mud along it squish it on down on your brick work. Be sure to trowel off any excess mud that's come through the holes and out the sides.

Clear as mud mate! Good luck!! :grinning-smiley-003

Bagging Ozito drills is a bannable offence. lol

Mine could handle it easy. Should have seen some of the stuff I have done with it!! Sure it blows a bit of smoke when it's under the pump but all good. Besides I could buy another 4 brand new ones and still be ahead of a decent one. haha

PS: I'm picking up a Dewalt cordless on Friday but I can't knock the Ozito it's been great.

With the render, how do you get an even coat? That's what would stuff me I reckon. Is it just a practice thing?

Lol Stick a spindal on it an mix some mud up then! ;)

Yeah bud she's all practice, trowel it on as smooth as you can 1st coat. Depending on what product you use for your second coat. I used a sand render for mine so I used a plastic float to finish mine off. Depends on what finish your after too!

Sweet man... Yeah, I recon with render, its the sort of thing that if you stuff it, it would be almost impossible to get it back to normal.. Not sure about it yet.. would probably just pay someone... Although I do have a wall around the side that no one would ever see, so im tempted to have a crack! Never know... Could be an ace at it! ha ah...
Roof tiles are in really good condition.good spotting! no cracks or anything... If i render the house, will probably get them sprayed too... something nice to match...makes a big difference I recon.

Im dead keen on a pool for some reason too.. these QLD summers are too long! Just gotta save for it though.. They actually seem like a semi reasonable price.... Bout $50 per week covers the repayments, electricity and upkeep, which I thought was OK....

cheers cordogs... Id be keen to at least have a go... doesnt sound too difficult....
Funny you mention it... I have an ozito drill Iused to mix up all my tile glue and grout.. Still going strong!!!
I like all my gear to be chinese :) ha ha

Here Justin, took this of the boys next door yesterday.

The only reason I don't like Ozito is because every Ozito product I've brought (and there's only been 3) has either burnt out, triggers busted or just decided to pack it in! The worst part was that I brought a 12" compound saw and a big hammer drill at the same time, I brought them on my trade discount card just because it gives me 5-10% of on ****, then when I went to take them back for warranty they wouldn't refund me because they thought I was using them for trade purposes!

So now I don't buy Ozito or any tools from Bunnings anymore!

Latest posts

Back