Miniriders Renovators

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like its going to be painted... House down the street was done and it looked like that before painting... Ahh. OK, I didnt know they used that angle for the corners... That makes sense!

Ahh ok. Was going to say the colour looks terrible. lol

Do they just spray paint it?

Did you do any work at all with your roof tiles Justin or were they already replaced before you moved in?

Rollers and Brush I beleive...
No, the roof tiles were just like that.. Building inspector also commented on how good of a condition they were...Thank god for that.. I couldnt be stuffed having to try and fix them up too! ha ha...

I only want to patch mine up for now. Just stop any potential leaks etc. Colour bond roof will go on instead in the future but that's an expensive project that one. lol

Is that the final render color on the house next door?

Looks like its going to be painted... House down the street was done and it looked like that before painting... Ahh. OK, I didnt know they used that angle for the corners... That makes sense!

Sorry lads big day,

Lol na it's just the first coat! :) If you go with a sand coat, you can get the tubs tinted to the colour you want. No painting needed. Plus it looks **** hot IMO. Well actually both look good but I went with the sand coat.

Oh and opt for the clear too it's going to cost a bit extra but it kinda makes it sparkly which looks killer!

Last edited:
They painted the one up my street.. and it looked pretty rubbish...the tinted render seems like a far better idea...
That nice white fence is a beacon of beauty cordogs... I might come down and lay in front of it naked and take a few selfies... ha ha...

Last edited:
Lol don't come ATM mate it looks **** house. But once I've sorted it mate we'll make it a date!! ;)

Some builders will actually only render the front face of the house n bag the rest. Bagging is basically mixing up a concrete slurry in a wheelbarrow and brushing it on. Looks absolutely ****ed but it's super cheap for project builders smashing out 50-70 homes a year!

Last edited:
Sorry cordogs.. was on my way.. just put my pants back on and turned back around ... :(
Yeah, I considered just rendering the front and the back of the house... this might actually be a good option for me.. The sides of my joint are pretty much never seen... Yew! I love cutting corners!!

You would be surprised how ugly some project builders leave their houses, and people still buy them!

If your a pretty determand type of bloke, give it a crack by all means. Nothing more satisfying than completing a big job that completely transforms your house! I've got a couple of mates that are renderers, I can send one of em up to give you a qoute for just the front and back if you'd like?

cheers cordogs... Need to save up some money.. then decide what is the best thing to spend it on!
Im hesitanat to do the render thing as it seems to be something that can go wrong.. Seen some shocking jobs with cracks, water stains, mould type stuff.. Mostly after a few years.. but with bricks, there is no maintenance at all, and theres nothing that can damage them or make them look crap...
Probably a good thing to do if you decide to sell though.. makes a big difference to the look!

I actually don't have any on my phone.

All on the missus phone and there are only a few.

Not even 2 weeks now so will get some up when I can take better one's once I'm in.

Hanging to get in though the wait has been torment. lol :)

Well I'm officially a home owner now. Settlement all done and dusted. Stoked as. :)

Will get some pics up tonight.

Man there is a lot of work to do. Going to keep me busy for a while. lol

Try about 4 to 5 years. haha

Was hard to see what needed to be done before they moved all there stuff out. Already come across some classics.

There was a big paint outline on one of the walls, looks like old mate couldn't be bothered moving a book case so he just painted around it!! hahahaha

Definitely going to be a very staged thing as there is a heap of work to do. Will start room by room.

Main thing is getting the stumps done. Found a couple of bows in the floor which I hadn't noticed so glad that's getting done straight away.

Looking really good man.

Couple more weekends and she will be ready to roll.

Getting a mate over tomorrow to help square it all up, then I'll sheet it this weekend! Might even have time to hang the roller door?? Lol

Wishful thinking! ;)

Yeah that's one thing I'm learning. Estimations for how long it takes to do a job are usually double that time. Things never go to plan. haha

Got some more work done on the shed this weekend. With those anchors chemset'd in and going full retard with the steel bracing she's solid as!

My new cyclone bunker! ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back