Miniriders Renovators

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's exactly what I need it for. We have stuff all storage inside the house as well.

And all the other junk the missus clogs my shed up with. haha

Ok ok I will get pics tonight man I promise or you can ban me for a week. lol ;)

It's nothing special though as obviously we haven't started reno's or anything yet.

you could even make an off the floor storage place for your bikes too

DSCF0922.jpg

garage-storage-03-0411-md.jpg

Yeah that's exactly what I need it for. We have stuff all storage inside the house as well.

And all the other junk the missus clogs my shed up with. haha

Ok ok I will get pics tonight man I promise or you can ban me for a week. lol ;)

It's nothing special though as obviously we haven't started reno's or anything yet.

Mate it's all about getting your foot in the door! Some people are luckier than others. Personally I like our smaller house, it's easier to clean it's got a bigger yard and reno's a cheaper because of square footage! :)

Owning you own home is awesome dude! Doesn't matter if it's a mansion of a shoe box, what matters it that it's yours! :thumbup:

you could even make an off the floor storage place for your bikes too

DSCF0922.jpg

garage-storage-03-0411-md.jpg

That's not a bad idea dude! It'll look pretty cool having 3 mini's hanging from the ceiling! Haha

I want to do something similar to that with my canopy on my car so it's stored out of the way up in the roof.

Yeah I know man. We brought it for it's potential really.

It sucks in Melbourne there are unit's going up everywhere. Found out there are a fair few in my street going up as well. :(

Its all about DIY. I started my kitchen with a second hand one off of gumtree for $250, it came with oven cooktop and dishwasher so i pulled it out of a house myself and payed them for the pleasure of making it my own. Cheaper for them than paying a builder to remove it. Spent a further $1800 on cupboards, a $700 benchtop and for under $3k ive got a basically brand new kitchen.

My verandah I got second hand for $1500, 4.8m x 7.6m. No plans just figured it out myself.
Brand new but seconds grade jarrah decking $1.67L/m, 1400lm for $2100. Enough to build a second deck out the front this Xmas. Framework I payed top dollar for but wasnt that much maybe a grand???
This is my first house and we've got 2 kids.. anything is possible if you want it bad enough and your not scared of hard work...

This was what we started with.. original 1976 kitchen

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418711529338.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418711529338.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418711553319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418711553319.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6
That's exactly right mate! You can save huge $$$ by giving it a go.

I did some sums on how much my shed would of cost if I had of outsourced all the work, I reckon I've saved about 10k

Mind you I called in a lot of favours and was pretty resourceful when it came to acquiring materials.

Looks like it's coming together well! Hopefully you get that extra value :) good luck with it!

Ok finally time to post some pics up.

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

Man Cave :)

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

The decking is huge. Reckon it would be 25meters long and 10 wide. Going to cost a bit to sort that out and we want to extend it. lol.

Getting there slowly. Wish I had some pics of the front yard before we started. Previous owner was a horder to say the least. Pulled out over 200 pot plants in the front garden!!

Last edited:
Your house isn't small dude! Your bloody deck is bigger than my house! Lol

The old Victorian ay, coffin ceilings, ornamental cornice and huge arc's!
They look sooo damn good when done up properly! We've done a few big reno's on some down in Brisbane.

Looks good dude! Nice and tidy that's for sure!
I bet you can't wait to paint those walls though! :)

Yeah it's pretty decent size. Land size is 850sqm. Being a split level helps. We can go back in under the the first level almost 3 meters to make an extra room, new laundry and the all important bar. :)

The house is a 4 bedroom 2 bath at the moment. When we finish it will be 5 bedroom 3 bathroom and a study.

We love the old style architraves and plan on keeping them. Can't wait to paint but not going to bother as will be moving walls around and stuff shortly.

A big win was after a few beers ripping up a corner of the carpet and finding polished floor boards underneath!! WIN. Was an 80's thing to cover up floor boards with carpet. Just need a quick sand and polish and away we go.

Well I have been a damn busy boy on my holidays. Would have been easier to go to work. lol

Had 3 big things I wanted to get done.

Build an attic in my shed to clear the shed floor of junk
Repoint my entire roof
Replace all old Gal water pipes

Got it all done. Repointing the roof was a bit of a pain but got a quote for $1800 to do it. It cost me less than $100 for cement and took 2 full days to do.

Thought the pipes would be easy, wrong. lol. Took 8 hours to dig the trench. Ground was like a rock!! Had to use the old crowbar to dig a lot of it up. You can see the motivation at the start of the trench with how wide it is and then it's only the diameter of the pipe only at the end. hahaha

Water is so much fresher now. Old pipe had a fair bit of barnicles and rust in it. Was worth replacing.

Super happy I got it all done. Only got 1 pic but will grab some more. House is now 100% waterproof so we can start on the inside. :)

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Ahaha, that's exactly how my trenches start and finish! ;)

Good to see you getting stuck in mate! Although the you trench looks a little shallow?

I guess you've now come to the realisation that by buying this house you have forfeited all your spare time for the foreseeable future! :p

400ml deep mate in Vic. Not a mil more. You don't even really need it that deep unless your walking over it.

It's a bit deceiving in the picture. The main pipe is actually like agriculture pipe. Last's another 10 years on copper.

Yeah it has been a bit time consuming but the idea was to get a lot of the bigger stuff done so I can actually do some riding this year. Went out like 5 times the whole of last year and want to be out every second weekend this year.

Yeah the pic doesn't do it any justice, it looks about 100mm :)

That ag pipe is the go hey! I used K2 all through my yard "only cause I got it for free" but I paid for it in the end because you can't use those screw on ends and the fittings cost between 4-8 dollars each and it adds up quick!
Not to mention you need a plumber to crimp them shut.

I hear ya with the less work more riding too! My last years effort was pitiful to say the least! Hoping to get to a few Velo races this year as well as the next Sinister gig

Yeah it sure is man. Had it in my head to go copper the whole way but that was going to cost like 1k more to do. Stuff that. The ag pipe is actually a bigger diameter as well so more flow. Plus you can give it a good whack with a shovel and won't pierce it.

I dug and back filled the trench and the plumber did all the fitting off and supplied all the pipe etc and only cost me $800 which I was happy with. Good old cash in hand. :)

Should have seen the old pipe. Was barnacles and rust everywhere. Can't believe our drinking water was coming through that!!

Also after 3 years got my fridge plumbed up and have the ice maker going!! Best thing ever. Told missus all we need is an extra button for bourban to come out. hahahaha

Found time to build my front deck and paint over the horrible green out the front of my place..
envy of the neighbours now!
Now I can watch them, watching me, drink my beers!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422707450321.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422707450321.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422707525901.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422707525901.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422707550132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422707550132.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422707571050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422707571050.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
Its called karri, same properties as jarrah but a fraction of the price. Only way of telling it apart is when it burns (apparently). There's only one place I know of here in adelaide that sells it and yeah its a quarter of the cost of jarrah but stains up exactly the same.
#tradiesecret

Latest posts

Back