MiniRiders SA Ride day pics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thump*140

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Ok, so the weather wasnt exactly fantastic... pissed down all the way there, but oddly enough, not a puddle in sight... then it blew it's tits off the entire time we were there, to the point that it would knock you offline and blow you sideways through the whoops...
The tracks at Jams havent been cleaned up in a while, so for minis it wasnt exactly a smooth (or fast) ride... but hey, it was more of a social event than a race day, and all in all, everyone had a good day...
Only 2 failures for the day as far as i know, Jared's RM80 locked up at WOT down a main straight, and then a little later the rear axle nut came loose on the bling40, completely obliterating the rear sprocket... Again with Jared on it.. ha ha.. poor lad wasnt having a good day..
Grudge matches didnt end up happening, everyone was having too much fun cruising around, or couldnt make it... i can at least breathe a sigh of relief, with the Bling40 just edging ahead of Satchy's clean 140 monster... was interesting seeing the bikes side by side, with muffler, brakes and YX140 Vs Lifan140 being the only differences mechanically between the bikes... very level playing field there, i think it's the cam in the Bling40 that gave me a very minimal edge in straightline performance.. Lucky, might have had to eat my words...
One thing i did notice, was a lot of YX140 owners spending a lot of time on the side of the track, doing a lot of kicking, and saying "start you bastard" a lot... ;)
overall it seems like everyone had a blast, and the general consensus is, that it becomes a bit of a regular fixture... as long as JAMS stays open, we have a venue... and in the meantime, hopefully something pops up somewhere that can accomodate us...
Would like to say a big thanks to Satchy, Sheepy and Sneezy (username starting with "S" much??? ha ha) for the car fridge, mobile kitchen, bbq and shopping ***** respectively.

Ok, we didnt get that many in the end, but i've uploaded the best of them... MissusThump*140 was back on the bike for the first time since her accident, and was having a blast on the quad getting her confidence back, she kinda forgot the camera was there, and spent more time cutting laps... Like the rest of us.. funny that.. ha hah a...
Anyways, here's the pics... :)
Satchy getting up it.
satchy3.jpg

Satchy learning that KMC means "stretchy" in chinese.
satchychain.jpg

Satchy getting into it again
satchyonit.jpg

Sheepy's mate
sheepysmate-1.jpg

Sheepy
sheepy.jpg

Sheepy again
sheepy2.jpg

Sheepy's mate through the whoops
sheepysmate.jpg

Sheepy through the whoops
sheepywhoops.jpg

Sneezy
sneezy.jpg

And again..
sneezy2.jpg

Sneezy in go slow mode.
sneezy3.jpg

Missus Thump*140 leading the charge
MissusThump140.jpg

MissusMotovertPro and MissusThump*140 doing girlstuff or something
missusmvproMissusthump140.jpg

MotovertPro and his MotovertPro
MVpor.jpg

Arty Jared.
jared.jpg

Jared tearing it up on the Bling40 before it spat the chain monumentally
jared2.jpg

MissusMotovertPro
missusMotovertpro.jpg

Group shot. l/r Satchy, Sneezy, Jared, Sheepy, Thump, Sheepy's mate.
groupshot.jpg

Minis, Minis everywhere...
miniseverywhere.jpg

MotovertPro
mvpro.jpg

Satchy with a bit of cornerspeed
satchy2.jpg

Sadly, all the laps with the helmet cam, resulting in nearly 50 minutes worth of Black picture... Cable shat itself... Not impressed, time to go digital i think....
anyways, hope you like the pics!!!

Yet again nice work getting it together thump!

Theres some great pictures there, thumbs up to you and your partner... and motovert pro, i think i saw the camera in his hands for a bit.

Now to the point hehe, are you wanting to keep ownership of these photos? or would be you willing to wack them on a cd/dvd if i give you some pub money? Up to you...

Satch

Yeah Satchy, i reckon i could chuck a few pics onto a disc for ya. Think there are about 250 odd pics between mine and Charls' camera, so should be able to burn you a copy..

Best pics are seen above...
Hopefully next time a ride day is thrown, we might be a bit more organised with the cameras.. :)

And yeah Snitchy, definately time for a Go-Pro..

Beautiful!
Ill be bringin my mates SLR to the next meet... fingers crossed. So between a few cameras im sure we'll get some good snaps to go around.

Give us a yell when you have a disc.

nice pics thump =) also satchy what kinda bike is urs?

sneezy

Good work boys! looks like a killer day......

WHats this i hear? Poofy yellow bike spat chain? Engine damage?

no mate, chain only ate the rear sprocket... didnt even give the engine cases a rub or tickle... pretty lucky really... might post pics up of the rear sprocket, havent ever seen one chewed up like this.. ha ha..

actually we had a pretty good day for a bunch of chinas... the biggest mechanical failure was A JAPANESE MXER, which seized at WOT on a main straight (no surprise there), the Bling40's chain "issue", Sneezy's busted brake lever from a tumble, and the fuel starvation issue on the Blitz which i didnt have time to rectify before the day.. did a couple of laps on it, the big girl actually handled the whoops pretty well, but was popping a bit and running on pretty badly, which wasnt really helping when coming into a whooped out corner hard under brakes...

Next time.... ;)

nice pics thump =) also satchy what kinda bike is urs?

sneezy

Satchy's bike is pretty much identical to mine... Ground-up ebay special, only differences are his runs a YX140, different muffler, different brake set-up, and different plastics...
Suspension is identical, frame, bars, clamps, wheels are exactly the same..
Only difference in mods, is mine runs a 7mm lift cam, satchy's is stock YX cam.
Guessing the cam and headwork makes all the difference, cause with his 15/37 gearing, and my 17/37 gearing, the Bling40 was still getting away from his lil monster..

Satchy's also has Monster graphics, but we wont hold that against him. :p

yeah i think charls got a few. you wanna disc of the entire lot burnt as well?

lol im kinda slow today and dont get it but what the hell u talking about sa's metal mulisha member? lol

Satchy's bike is pretty much identical to mine... Ground-up ebay special, only differences are his runs a YX140, different muffler, different brake set-up, and different plastics...
Suspension is identical, frame, bars, clamps, wheels are exactly the same..
Only difference in mods, is mine runs a 7mm lift cam, satchy's is stock YX cam.
Guessing the cam and headwork makes all the difference, cause with his 15/37 gearing, and my 17/37 gearing, the Bling40 was still getting away from his lil monster..

Satchy's also has Monster graphics, but we wont hold that against him. :p

^^ Yep what thump said...
I was pretty surprised how it held up for the day considering i gave it a fair flogging.
Only a couple of issues...
KMC Chain stretching (Cant defend myself)
Buckled front rim (i was all over the place on 14/12)
Oil lines dribbling when it was nice and warm.

All in all it held up for the day, things could have turned out worse... so im a happy chap:)

Thump you let the cat out of the bag!! i had thos plastics covered up quite well in the pictures:D

Latest posts

Back